MATLAB Vs. MathCADFitness Equipment
What is Math cad ?
Math cad was conceived and originally written by Allen Razdow (of MIT), co-founder of Mathsoft .It's a computer software primarily intended for the verification, validation, documentation and re-use of engineering calculations.It was the first to introduce live editing of typeset mathematical notation,its automatic computation and it also checked the consistency of engineering units such as the International System of Units (SI). Math cad today includes some of the capabilities of a computer algebra system but remains oriented towards ease of use and numerical engineering applications.Math cad is oriented around a worksheet, in which equations and expressions are displayed graphically , as opposed to plain text.
What is MAT LAB ?
MATLAB was created in the late 1970s by Cleve Moler, the chairman of the computer science department at the University of New Mexico.MAT LAB (matrix laboratory) is a numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language.Although MATLAB is intended primarily for numerical computing, an optional toolbox uses the MuPAD symbolic engine, allowing access to symbolic computing capabilities. An additional package, Simulink, adds graphical multi-domain simulation and Model-Based Design for dynamic and embedded systems.MAT LAB is widely used in academic and research institutions as well as industrial enterprises is now also used in education, in particular the teaching of linear algebra and numerical analysis, and is popular amongst scientists MAT LABed with image processing.
What is Math cad capable of ?
- Solving differential equations, with several possible numerical methods
- Graphing functions in two or three dimensions
- Symbolic calculations including solving systems of equations
- Vector and matrix operations including eigenvalues and eigenvectors
- Curve fitting
- Finding roots of polynomials and functions
- Statistical functions and probability distributions
- Calculations in which units are bound to quantities
What is MAT LAB capable of?
- matrix manipulations
- plotting of functions and data
- implementation of algorithms
- creation of user interfaces
- interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, and Fortran.
Latest stable version :
- MAT LAB : R2010b / September 3, 2010
- Math cad : 14.0 / February 12, 2007
Cost (In USD):
- MAT LAB :$2450 (commercial) / $99 (student)
- Math cad :$1195 (commercial) / $99 (student)
- MAT LAB :Proprietary
- Math cad :Proprietary
Features & Benefits :
- Math cad
- Easy to learn and use – Task-based interface promotes usability and enables you to learn unfamiliar functions or features quickly and easily.
- Document focused – Powerful, document-centric calculation environment lets you create complex, professional engineering design documents quickly and easily, in a format that is presentable and understandable.
- Advanced Math Exploration – Display, manipulate, analyze and plot data, with full units support throughout the application, so you can create calculations for testing before committing them to a design.
- Dynamic units support throughout all calculations – This translates into reduced errors and higher accuracy of results, and more precise communication between engineers and teams, which improves process efficiency in product development.
2. MAT LAB
- High-level language for technical computing
- Development environment for managing code, files, and data
- Interactive tools for iterative exploration, design, and problem solving
- Mathematical functions for linear algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, and numerical integration
- 2-D and 3-D graphics functions for visualizing data
- Tools for building custom graphical user interfaces
- Functions for integrating MAT LAB based algorithms with external applications and languages, such as C, C++, Fortran, Java, COM, and Microsoft Excel