Maintain Prostate Health: Top Natural Foods to Prevent and Fight Prostate Cancer
One form of cancer that plagues many men is prostate cancer. Maintaining prostate health is essential for avoiding prostate cancer. An overlooked area for prostate health is diet and nutrition. The diet that you follow can have a profound impact on the health of your prostate and you have to be careful when choosing food for maintaining good prostate health. A healthy diet can be powerful tools for reducing prostate cancer risk. Studies have revealed that certain foods high in antioxidants, when eaten in significant amounts, may help prevent and fight prostate cancer. Given below are some natural foods that prevent cancer:
1. Tomatoes can be used to prevent and reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Tomatoes are one of the best sources of a powerful antioxidant lycopene, which is particularly known to prevent prostate cancer.
2. In terms of cancer prevention, broccoli is a unique food due to its unique combination of anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and pro-detoxification components. Glucoraphanin contained by broccoli is converted into the anti-cancer compound sulforaphane in the body. Sulforaphane helps rid the body of excess testosterone and reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
3. Soy products appear to have a special benefit against prostate cancer. Soy products can help prevent prostate enlargement, may help protect against prostate cancer, and may slow tumor growth. Fermented soy products have the highest levels of cancer-fighting nutrients.
4. Health benefit of pomegranate juice on prostate cancer may be significant. Pomegranate juice could help prevent prostate cancer recurrence. Studies have found certain components in pomegranate juice help to weaken and prevent the movement of cancer cells, specifically prostate cancer.
5. Turmeric when consumed in combination with certain vegetables, like turnip and broccoli helps to prevent prostate cancer in men and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
6. A diet high in omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil and certain types of fish help prevent the development of prostate cancer. Fish oil decreases the inflammatory chemicals that lead to prostate cancer cell formation.
7. Green tea is really beneficial for prostate health. Drinking antioxidant rich green tea may be an easy way to prevent and fight prostate cancer. The polyphenols present in green tea help prevent the spread of prostate cancer.
8. Moderate use of red wine helps prevent prostate cancer. Resveratrol, a compound found in red wine, may help prevent the development of prostate cancer.
9. Brazil nuts are one of the best natural sources of selenium, a mineral which helps prevent prostate cancer.
10. One of the best super foods for a male to eat to help prevent prostate cancer is garlic. Compounds in garlic have been shown to prevent and fight prostate cancer.
11. Licorice root is an herb used for treating prostate cancer. Licorice root has anti-inflammatory properties that may help prevent prostate cancer growth.
Prostate cancer is a very real health hazard for men. A diet rich in whole, natural foods is not only excellent for overall health, but also for prostate health. Maintain prostate health and prevent prostate cancer naturally with natural foods.