Lower Back Pain: Herbal Remedies for Back PainFitness Gear & Equipment
Back pain, also known as Dorsalgias, is one of the most common health issues in the world. Back pain is a common problem that an individual of any age can face. Back pain can be very painful and debilitating. Muscular strain is the most likely cause of back pain in the vast majority of individuals. Other possible causes of back pain include slipped disc, and spasm. Back pain is usually the result of, poor posture, poor bending, and lifting techniques, shortened muscles, inadequate muscle strength, being overweight, etc. However, sometimes neither of these possible causes is responsible for your discomfort. While treating back pain the emphasis lies on reducing the intensity of the pain, to restore the functions, and to cure the patient as early as possible.
Lower back pain
It is unfortunate but a great number of us will experience some lower back pain at some point in our lives. Lower back pain is a common complaint for most people as they age. With age, a person’s bone and muscle structure loses elasticity and strength, which makes it prone to injuries that cause lower back pain. However, age is just one of the many probable causes of low back pain. Other reasons include inappropriate posture, excessive weight gain, stress, and degenerative diseases among others. There is nothing more frustrating or debilitating than waiting for muscle spasms in your back to relax.
Ways to Relieve Lower Back Pain
Treatment for low back pain can be a long procedure depending on the cause, but there are several ways a person can get low back pain relief easily and safely. Below are some ideas to relieve lower back pain:
1. Heat therapy in the form of heating pads, hot baths, warm gel packs, heat wraps, etc., is one the most popular remedy for curing back pain. The use of a heating pad can be an effective non-surgical treatment for the relief of back pain. Use heating pads to relax back muscles and the spine.
2. Painkillers can assist relieve long-term or chronic back pain. Use painkillers judiciously. Prolonged use of painkillers may have adverse effects on your body. Some of the most accepted painkillers for back pain include fioricet, ultracet, tramadol, ultram, motrin, and butalbital-apap.
3. Good posture can help prevent back pain. Good posture involves training your body to stand, walk, sit, and lie in positions. When standing, keep your hips, shoulder, and ears in a straight line while pulling your stomach in. This position ensures that your weight is evenly distributed so as not to burden your back muscles. Proper posture while sitting is vital for preventing back pain.
4. Rest to soothe back pain. When you are suffering any back pain condition, you can always opt for a complete bed rest also to relieve yourself from the pain.
5. Exercise regularly and keep your back muscles strong. Flexible muscles are treasures to have! Tone, exercise, and stretch your lower back muscles regularly. You will leave lower back muscle pain behind you.
Herbal Remedies for Back Pain
It is possible to relieve lower back pain naturally with herbs. Using herbs for back pain is a holistic treatment option that might be a good addition to a back pain relief program. You can use herbs for back pain to both relieve it and prevent it in the first place. The scope of using this approach is wider enough as different types of herbs must be mixed in order to increase the power and potency of each other through synergy. Alternatively, you have the freedom to consume it as a whole plant or as capsules. However, if we talk about the perfect channel to back pain relief, it is always best to use it as a whole, as it becomes more effective.
Herbs for Back Pain
The following are common herbs used to treat back pain
• Saw Palmetto - anti-inflammatory
• Chamomile - relaxes muscles
• Feverfew - pain relief
• Burdock - pain relief
• Yarrow- strengthens muscles
• Stinging Nettle - pain relief
• Cayenne Pepper - topical pain relief
• Willow Bark - pain relief
• Rosemary - anti-inflammatory
• Devil’s Claw - pain relief, anti-arthritic
• Cat’s Claw - anti-inflammatory
• Licorice - anti-inflammatory
• Horsetail - speeds healing, pain relief
• Cramp Bark - antispasmodic
• Angelica - pain relief, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic
• Mustard Seed Extract - topical pain relief
• Ginkgo Biloba leaves - increases circulation
• Bromelain - anti-inflammatory
• Coriander - topical pain relief
• Bilberry - increases circulation
• Celery Seed - muscle relaxant
• Kava Root - pain relief, anesthetic
• Cinnamon - pain relief
• Holy Basil- pain relief
• Valeria - anti-inflammatory
• Rosemary -pain relief
• Black Haw - antispasmodic
• Ginger - pain relief
• Grape seed extract - anti-inflammatory, increases circulation
• Any Mint Green (Peppermint, Spearmint) - topical pain relief
Back pain need not be such a burden if one knows simple and safe techniques to soothe it. Herbal remedies for back pain can make an enormous difference for people with chronic lower back pain. Aside from homemade natural treatments, therapies such as massage, chiropractic care, and acupuncture can be very helpful for bringing long-term healing. Herbal remedies will not only sooth chronic lower back pain, but also they will promote healing without any negative side effects. Apply these remedies for lower back pain in combination with a healthy diet and appropriate exercises.