Lexington Law vs. SkyBlueCredit vs. CreditRepair.com: Top Credit Repair Services Compared
A bad credit streak will happen to nearly everyone at some point. The problem with bad credit is that if you’re having money problems, it’s usually money that will get you out of the bind you’re in, yet bad credit makes that much harder. Fortunately, there are plenty of credit report sites out there that can help you improve your score through various methods including removing negative items that don’t belong on your report.
Lexington law claims that they’ve removed over 3.3 million negative items from reports for their customers. They’ve been in the credit repair business for over 20 years, and they employ 24 attorneys and over 200 paralegals over 19 different states. You can call for a free credit report and consultation at 1-800-768-2305
Review of Features
- Consult Same Day-As soon as you complete the engagement agreement, Lexington Law will begin gathering information about your case.
- Variety of Free Support-You can contact the company with their toll free number, through email, or through their chat service depending on what’s easiest for you.
- Deals-There are often some interesting deals on Lexington Law as well such as a $50 couple’s discount
- Refund Policy-You won’t actually be charged at Lexington Law until after they do initial work on your account which usually takes a few days.
- Credit Coaching-You can get Lexington law to help give you pointers for improving your score as part of the deal.
- Re-Dispute Items- If you get an item from your credit report removed, but it’s added back again later, Lexington law will re-dispute the item.
Sky Blue Credit
Sky Blue has been around since 1989. They operate throughout the United States, and you can contact them at 1-800-790-0445.
Review of Features
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee-Other services also claim to give you your money back but Sky Blue is more overt about it giving you 3 months to decide.
- 2-Minute Startup- Sky Blue stands apart for having a sign up form that will get you on your way in a very short amount of time.
- Tri-merge Credit Report-This means that you get information from three bureaus all on one form, making it easier to guide yourself through recovering from bad credit.
CreditRepair.com boasts that their customers have removed an average of 11.6 negative items from their credit report in only 4 months. You can contact them at 1-855-255-0263. They have a running total of items removed from credit reports on their site which is currently at 5.6 million.
Review of Features
- 15 Years of Experience-Although they haven’t been at this the longest, they still have a fair amount of experience.
- Analysis of a Variety of Credit Problems-This includes inaccurate information, judgments and liens, identity theft, unauthorized inquiries, balance, limits, charge offs, bankruptcies and late payments.
- Free TransUnion Score and Summary-This report will be ideal for those who like Transunion.
- $100 Couple’s Discount-You don’t actually have to be married to get this discount, it’s just for two people who want to sign up together.
- Mobile App- If you like to get reports on your phone this site has app support.
- Dashboard Extras-Creditrepair.com has an option for email notifications from the dashboard, as well as a score tracker complete with charts for easy reading.
Head to Head
Lexington Law costs about $100 from day 5 to 15, and it’s $60 or so per month after that. Sky Blue Credit has an initial review and setup fee of $49, and then after then it’s $49 per month. You can also sign up for other services like a monthly monitoring service at $15 or so per month. CreditRepair.com is the most expensive per month charging around 90 dollars for their fee. There’s also a one-time fee of around $13 for the initial report.
The re-dispute service at Lexington law will ensure that you keep credit companies from adding the same bad items over and over. Sky Blue has the disadvantage of not having a live chat. But they do have features like the tri-merge credit report that condenses reports from three different groups all into one so you don’t have to spend a lot of time reading through the same sorts of material over and over. The sign up process is quick at Sky Blue, though the process of actually getting negative items removed can be slower. CreditRepair.com also fails to have a chat site, but they do have the $100 couple’s discount which is deeper than a similar discount offered from other sites. CreditRepair has a mobile app and dashboard analysis as well. CreditRepair has a bit of a poor reputation on tracking sites like WOT, but it may come down to personal experience.