Importance of Principles of Management
Importance of principles of management
The following are the main reasons which highlight the importance of the principles of Management:
(1) Improving efficiency of managers: Management principles serve as a guideline for doing work with greater efficiency. These principles help managers to take a more realistic view of different managerial problems and to direct human behavior effectively. The conscious manager can become more effective by using the established management principles to solve problems.
(2) Improving art of management: Management principles help in improving the art of management by suggesting how things should be done to get good results in an efficient manner. These principles provide a means of organizing knowledge and experience in management.
(3) Useful for research and practical guidance: The network of management principles represents a key area for conducting research studies. These principles have expanded the horizons of knowledge and promoted further research. These principles have provided new ideas, imagination and vision to the organization.
(4) Helpful in management training: Management principles are also needed to train managers. These principles provide a conceptual framework for systematic training and development of future managers. New techniques of management training make training programs more meaningful and relevant.
(5) Emergence of clearer and systematic thinking: Management principles make the thinking clearer and systematic. A new manager can well understand the nature of management with the help of these principles.
(6) Developing the spirit of co-operation: Co-operation is the willingness to help each other. It is the result of voluntary attitude of individuals to help one another. A good management is one which takes active co-operation from each and every individual. Management principles aimed at achieving co-operation from others to achieve organizational goals.
(7) Useful for spreading knowledge: Management principles are useful for spreading knowledge of management through teaching. The teaching of management principles continues to be an integral part of management education. These principles help to develop an organized body of knowledge by management practitioners, thinkers and philosophers.
(8) Evaluating the behavior of managers: Management principles prescribe what one should do to improve things in some ways. These principles attempt to prescribe and evaluate the behavior of the managers of the organization.
(9) Attaining social goals: Management principles have helped to attain the social goals by increasing efficiency and productivity in the use of scarce resources. The supply of quality goods at a reasonable price boosts social welfare.
More Important Facts of Management
There are more great reasons for taking a course in what it takes to be a good manager. Now only as a benefit to the company you are working for, but also for the employees. Being a good manager also means learning about communication. And that communication means being able to communicate between you and your employees.
Being irate or vague is not a good way for a manager to communicate with their employees. It is always important to have happy employees for a successful company.
In other words, these main principles are what make a good manager:
- Division of work: This means the ability to divide large tasks into smaller tasks, this helps efficiency and productivity.
- Authority and Responsibility: When a good manager gives instructions, the good manager will take responsibility for those commands and instructions.
- Discipline: A fair and equal work place means no favoritism.
- Unit of Command: This basically means that there is on manager giving instructions. This keeps all confusion to a minimum. As the old saying goes, too many cooks in the kitchen can ruin the soup.
- Team Spirit: This can be the fun part of being a manager. Maybe having an employee appreciation day each year.