Importance of Advertising to Customers
Importance of Advertising to Customers
Advertising not only benefits the producers and traders but benefits the customer as well. Advertising provides awareness of the existence of the product to the customer. Customer satisfaction is of immense priority in modern marketing and the importance of advertising can’t be ignored as such. The importance of Advertising to customers can be discussed under the following sub-head;
• Convenience: Advertising makes shopping easy by reducing the time and effort involved shopping. People become aware of the source and availability of different products and need not search them out. They can make better choice among different varieties.
• Education of consumers; Advertising provides education and knowledge to consumers about new products and their diverse uses. Consumers get the benefit of better advice in safe and proper use of products and develop new ways of life. In this way advertising makes for better living.
• Lower prices: Effective advertising reduces costs due to large scale production and elimination of wholesalers. As a result customers get goods at lower prices. Prices of advertised goods fluctuate less widely and unscrupulous traders cannot easily exploited consumers by overcharging. Many expensive products of yesteryears have come within the reach of the common man due to continuous advertising and consequent reduction in prices. Advertising helps to eliminate unnecessary middlemen, thereby making products cheaper for the consumers.
• Better quality; Advertising is generally done through brand names. Producers try to create special features in their products to successfully communicate product differentiation. Need to find arguments in advertising and desire to live up to the image, leads them to improve quality and product design. Consequently, consumers get better quality and variety of goods.
• Consumers' surplus: Advertising brings the customer closer to the producer so that each can fully appreciate the needs of the other. Such understanding helps in better matching of products and services with human needs. Through advertising, consumers better appreciate the utility of products and derive higher satisfaction from their consumption. This satisfaction and pleasure derived by them from the products is called consumers' surplus.
All these benefits provided to the customers has significant role in customer satisfaction, a very important aspect of modern marketing.
Effects of Marketing
In this day and age of intense marketing pressure, having the right marketing campaign is very important. Think about all of the radio ads you hear every day. Catchy tunes, jingles and phrases you hear all day long. Maybe the ad resonates with you or it doesn’t. But the more they play the ad, the more you start to think about the company. Currently, one of the most popular phrases in 2017 is the current Bud Light ad, “To the pit of misery, Dilly Dilly”. Now that is pretty impressive when consumers hear that ad and decide to buy that product.
Getting the attention of your customers and listeners on radio or TV is the most important of all. Internet ads don’t really work, we have all become numb to the goofy ads on web sites, but listening to radio all day, we all hear the funny and catchy ads. Television might be more important, depending on the ad and company. Having ads during important football games or other events gets everyone’s attention. Of course the Super Bowl is the most important.
It is all about getting the consumers attention. Of course ads cost money, so making the most of a company’s ad is important. Are catchy ads or slogans or songs more important than visuals and jiggles? That is hard to say really. A good message is important as is a catchy phrase like Dilly Dilly or a fun ad.
People like to laugh, and they also like to save money. Depending on the type of business will dictate the type of ad. Make it about sales, show class like an expensive car or funny like many beer ads. There is a wide range of ads that will appeal to the consumers. Advertising will always be important.
You may also be interested in