Each Hydrite tablet contains Sodium Bicarbonate 250 mg, Sodium Chloride 350 mg, Potassium Chloride 150 mg, and Dextrose 2 g, anhydrous.
Indications: It is used for substitution of electrolyte and fluid losses linked with severe diarrhea, nausea and augmented metabolic outflows like in energetic athletics as well as exercises.
Hydrite tablets may also be prescribed for other diseases not mentioned in the list above.
Hydrite side effects
No reports of any adverse reactions when used according to the prescribed volume and dilution of the solution. In case any side effects occur consult your doctor.
Precautions and warnings:
1. ORT (Oral rehydration therapy) ought to be used in acute dehydration only if intravenous treatment (IVT) is not obtainable.
2. The suggested volume and/ or dilution of solution to be used ought to be strictly followed. A diluted solution and/or quantity less than the suggested dosage will not offer sufficient electrolytes, fluid and glucose whereas a stronger solution and a quantity a lot more than suggested dosage can result in fluid and electrolyte surplus particularly in kids and infants.
3. In case of any allergic reaction on using the Oral rehydration therapy, stop using the medicine and consult your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you have suffered from any allergic reaction to Hydrite tablets or any of its active ingredients in the past.
4. Inform your doctor of any other prevailing ailments for which you are administering any OTC drugs, herbal medicine or other supplements.
1. The medicine ought to be prepared into solution directly prior to using. Any residual solution ought to be thrown away except if stored in a refrigerator inside an hour of reconstitution. Such reconstituted solution if stored in a refrigerator can be used within 24 hours, after which, it mustn’t be administered.
2. Dilute with cool water for reconstitution of Hydrite tablet. Never boil hydrite solution after reconstitution.
3. After reconstitution it becomes a cloudy solution. Don’t forget to stir or shake properly before use.
Keep it in normal room temperature below 30 degree Celsius, away from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Store it safely out of reach of children.