Uses for Vodka Around the House: Urine Odor Removal and Hair CareFitness Equipment
Do you have any vodka in your house that's just sitting there on the shelf serving no purpose? Well being that one of my close friends is a bartender she has given me many good tips on how to take that vodka and use it as other home remedies. So the vodka no longer needs to just sit around your home put it to good use.
1. Ever have a bandage on your skin where it's so tight and you don't want to pull it off? Well you can take some vodka, place it on your bandage and making sure the bandage is really saturated. Then when you go to pull off the bandage it will slide off very smoothly. How does this work? The actual vodka will dissolve the adhesive on your bandage to make it easier for removal so you don't have to worry about ripping out some hairs.
2. Place some vodka into a spray bottle. This will come in handy when you need to clean up puke stains or cat urine stains. First you will spray the area with the vodka let it sit for about ten minutes or so. Then take an old toothbrush start scrubbing out the stain. Once you have scrubbed it out blot it dry with paper towels then let it air dry. Repeat if necessary, but usually the first time will take out those stains like magic.
3. Being a beautician I have learned that vodka is actually a great hair cleanser. You can actually pour some vodka into your regular shampoo. What actually does this do? It cleanses your scalp, removes all hair residue or buildup from sprays, gels, dust etc. Just make sure you pour about three swigs of vodka into your shampoo bottle. Then make sure you shake it really good. Shampoo your hair like you normally do, but leave the shampoo on your hair for about five minutes then rinse out with cool water.
4. Do you have any bees nests or wasps nests around your home or bees flying around? Fill up a spray bottle with some vodka. Now you may spray the bees flying around or directly spray the nest. The vodka will actually kill the bees or wasps instantly. This works better than all those sprays on the market. This is also good for killing other bugs like ants beetles etc.
5. Do you know someone with really bad dandruff no matter what medicated shampoo you use the dandruff is still there? You can actually take some vodka mix it with a little bit of crushed rosemary or rose petals place it into a bowl. Then mix it all up very good strain as best as you can through maybe a coffee filter. Then gently massage onto your whole head let it air dry. After around two times of doing this the dandruff should be completely gone.