How to Treat a Centipede Bite
How to treat a Centipede Bite
To begin with Centipede bites look a lot like a snake bite with two punctured seen on the area bitten. Centipede bites can be often painful but the pain is the worst part of the sting. Centipede bites are not toxic but it can be irritating and swelling can form around the area bitten by the Centipede. If bitten by a Centipede these simple steps can aid in treatment of Centipede bites.
• Remember Centipede Bites are non toxic so don’t panic in case bitten by Centipede. Remain calm and though the sting may hurt it is treatable.
• Use an antiseptic soap and water to wash the area.
• For reduction of the pain use hot compress. In case of swelling use ice pack or cold compress to ease out the pain.
• In case the pain is severe take ibuprofen to counter the pain.
• Centipede bite can be itchy, use hydrocortisone cream for relieving from Itching caused by Centipede bite.
• Though it isn’t necessary to take antibiotics for Centipede bite but in case of infection around the area, consult a pharmacist and take antibiotic capsules.
• Necrosis or tissue death is possible in case of severe Centipede bite but it heals on its own.
• In case you haven’t had a Tetanus shot, make aure you get one in case of Centipede bites.
Symptoms of Centipede Bites
Pain and minor swelling are common symptoms of Centipede Bites and it vanishes with few hours but in certain cases infection may occur around the bitten area. Besides infection some sever symptoms of Centipede Bites are:
• Abnormal heart beat commonly known as Heart palpitations. The heart beat can be to slow or too fast and your consciously aware of the abnormal rate of your heart beat.
• Centipede bites can cause headache, nervousness, anxiety and vomiting.
• Occurence of swelling of lymph nodes.
• Reddening and intense itching can follow up Centipede Bites.
• Necrosis or tissue death is possible in case of severe Centipede Bites.
Children, allergic patients and elderly personal are subject to severe reaction of Centipede bites and if the victim belongs to the category mentioned above, the patient should be immediately taken to a nearby hospital.
You may also be interested in