How to Tighten Sagging Skin NaturallyFitness Gear & Equipment
Loose skin is a common problem in people who lose a lot of weight in a short period of time and in women after pregnancy, and it is a general part of aging. Sagging skin is often the result of aging and low collagen levels. While some choose a face lift for their sagging skin, others get results without surgery. Here are some very easy and inexpensive ways for sagging skin that can tighten loose skin naturally.
Home Remedies to Tighten Sagging Skin
If you are already suffering from sagging skin then there are lots of products available in the market that you can use. You can either purchase products or make your natural skin remedies at home. Home remedies can help prevent and tighten sagging skin.
- Your skin's elasticity is greatly influenced by the amount of water stored in the skin's cells. Hydration is key to tightening your skin, so aim to drink at least eight glasses of water each day.
- Scrubbing the skin with a facial scrub can help clean dead skin cells from the face and force the skin to regenerate faster.
- After cleansing your face, try applying a toner. Toners designed to keep the skin firm and clear through increased blood circulation. Some homemade toners include a mixture of cucumber and yogurt that is applied to the face and left on for five to ten minutes before it is rinsed.
- Mash black fig pulp with a few drops of lemon juice and apply the mixture to your face for thirty minutes, then rinse with cool water. Or, soak gauze in juice from a melon and apply the gauze to the saggy skin on the skin.
- Another good skin tightening home remedy is to make a mixture of sugarcane juice with a tablespoon of fresh turmeric juice. Apply this mixture on your skin everyday to get the best results.
- A facial mask made of egg whites is an effective face tightening home remedy. To make the mask, take one or two egg whites and whip them into a froth. Apply the egg whites to your face and neck. Leave the mask on for at least half an hour then rinse it off with cool water.
- A mixture of cooked oatmeal and buttermilk can be applied to the skin as a toning agent. To make and use this mixture, combine ¼ cup cooked, cooled oatmeal with 4 tbsp. Buttermilk and stir to combine. Apply a thin layer of the mixture to wet, clean skin and leave it on for 15 minutes or until the mixture begins to dry. Rinse the skin with cool, clean water and wash with a mild cleanser.
- A mixture of shea butter and cocoa butter is a common folk remedy to help skin retain its elasticity and feel firm. To use shea and cocoa butter on your face, make a mixture that is one part shea butter and one part cocoa butter in a small container with a tight-fitting lid. Stir to combine with a stirrer or tablespoon, and apply a thin layer of the mixture onto the skin. Leave the mixture on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
- To make a wrinkle-reducing, skin-firming, moisturizing mask, combine 2 to 3 drops of frankincense essential oil with 1 tbsp. of jojoba oil; gently rub this mixture into the skin, and leave it in place for 15 to 30 minutes. Wipe off the excess with a warm, moist cloth, leaving a thin film of the oil on the skin.
- Chew gum for 30 minutes every day to exercise your facial muscles. Gum chewing can stretch and firm up your facial muscles, improving sagging skin. If you don't have or want to chew gum, you can pretend that you are chewing gum.
- Exposure to the sun's harmful UV rays can lead to skin sagging because it prevents your skin from healing properly. Apply sunblock lotion to protect your face from the sun. Use sunblock with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 60, 1 hour before going outdoors every day.
Before you try out any skin tightening products or consider laser skin tightening, it is best to try out some of the natural ways to tighten skin.