How to Remove Ink Stains from Clothes Easily?
Whether you use ball point pens, felt tipped or sketch pens many times accidentally we end up having stains on our clothes. These stains can make a cloth unsuitable for wearing or damage it. However, there are many home remedies and tips one can use to effectively remove these ink stains from your clothes without spoiling them.
So no need to throw away your ink stained clothes or spend a fortune on dry cleaners to make them suitable for wearing. Given below are some home tips and remedies which are definitely worth a try for removing ink stains from clothes. I have tried many of them and I hope that you would find it helpful too.
• Stains caused by sketch pens can be removed by applying nail polish remover on the stain.
• Apply some methylated spirit on the stain area and rinse it after some time to remove sketch pen stains.
• Soak the stained portion in milk for 2 hours and then wash it using soap and water to remove ink stains from clothes.
• Apply salt and rub the stained area with fingers to remove ink stains, once done wash the cloth as usual.
• Rubbing the ink stained cloth with cut lemon (or lime juice) and salt and then washing it helps to remove stains.
• Apply tooth paste on both sides of the stain and after some time take a soft tooth brush which is wet to scrub the stain, after that wash the cloth with soap and water.
• Apply a paste of hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate on the stained area and wash after 4-5 hours.
• Apply a paste of bleaching powder and hot water in the stained area and rub it with cotton to remove stains.
• For new ink stains apply talcum powder over the stain liberally. After some time remove it and wash it with warm water and soap.
• For old and stubborn stains soaked the stained area in a mixture of milk and lemon juice and wash it after 15-20 minutes.
• For removing ball point ink apply some alcohol in the stained area and rub it using cotton, once done wash the cloth in warm water and soap.
Now that you know these easy home remedies for removing ink stains, why not give them a try to get rid of old or new ink stains in your clothes.