You can keep your home clean without spending too much money and time. Ingredients that are already available right in your kitchen or bathroom can be used as home cleaning agents. One such ingredient is baking soda that works in every room of your house. Baking soda, as a non-toxic cleaner, has many uses in home cleaning. Baking soda can offer inexpensive, gentle solutions to cleaning your home effectively.
Uses of Baking Soda in Home Cleaning
Following are some household cleaning uses for baking soda. Make your house clean and safe with these simple tips.
1. Sprinkle baking soda on rugs and carpets and give it some time to absorb oils and smells, vacuum these areas after a while. Baking soda neutralizes the odors in your carpet. This remedy is one of the good home remedies for cleaning.
2. Another use for baking soda is that you can clean and deodorize your sink with it. Deodorize sinks by pouring baking soda and boiling water down the sink.
3. In getting rid of tough stains on pots and pans, clean and scrub it with baking soda.
4. Baking soda can remove stains from plastic and rubber containers and utensils. Scrub down them with baking soda.
5. Baking soda paste can be used to clean tile floors as well. Add half a cup of baking soda to a bucket of warm water, mop, and rinse.
6. Another use for baking soda in home cleaning is that you can keep your laundry hamper smelling fresh by sprinkling a little baking soda in it.
7. Fish or onion odor can be removed from utensils and dishes by adding a teaspoonful of baking soda to the dish water.
8. To remove grease spills and scuff marks from your floor, sprinkle with baking soda, and then wipe up with a warm, moistened washcloth.
9. For removing crayon marks on walls, just sprinkle baking soda on a damp sponge and rub lightly. Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth.
10. Another use for baking soda in home cleaning is that you can keep your bath tubs clean longer by baking soda. Sprinkle baking soda lightly on a clean damp sponge and scrub the bathtub.
11. In a bucket, add some baking soda to your wash water to clean the inside and outside of your refrigerator. This removes odors and makes your fridge smell fresh.
12. Use baking soda mixed in warm water to clean your kitchen garbage pail.
13. To keep your waste baskets smelling fresher, sprinkle some baking soda in the bottom of your basket.
14. You can use baking soda to clean your oven. Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda directly onto the bottom of the oven and spray with water. Leave overnight, and in the morning, simply scoop out the baking soda.
15. Another use for baking soda in home cleaning is that it will clean and deodorize a toilet bowl. Sprinkle baking soda inside the toilet bowl and scour with a toilet brush. The result will be a clean, shiny, and deodorized toilet.
We all want to live in a clean home, but we do not want to spend a lot of money and time for house cleaning. Cleaning with baking soda safely deodorizes your house without the use of harmful chemicals. Save money using the above home cleaning tips and keep your house clean.