How to Heal a Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis): 6 Home Remedies to Cure Pink Eye
Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye, is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is most commonly caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Pollution, allergies and blocked tear ducts can be other causes for pink eye. Symptoms of conjunctivitis include watery discharge, variable itch, redness, irritation, light sensitivity, and other unpleasant symptoms. There are various home remedies for pink eye or conjunctivitis. You can get relief from pain and irritation of conjunctivitis naturally with pink eye home remedies.
Home Remedies to Cure Pink Eye Naturally
Proper use of pink eye home remedies will help in getting rid of pink eye infection effectively. Here are some home remedies to cure conjunctivitis or pink eye naturally.
1. Heal Pink Eye Using Raw Honey Remedy: Raw honey has powerful antibiotic, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. If you are suffering from a pink eye infection, take 2 to 3 teaspoons of raw honey daily to help your body fight the infection faster.
2. Cure Pink Eye Using Black Tea Bag Remedy: One of the popular and effective natural home remedies for pink eye is black tea. Steep a black tea bag in warm water, and then place it over the infected eye for about 30 minutes. Repeat this home treatment every few hours to get rid of pink eye faster.
3. Heal Pink Eye with Sea Salt Remedy: Sea salt too has gained popularity as a useful cure for pink eye or conjunctivitis. Try rinsing your eye with a concentrated solution of sea salt in warm water. You can also dip a cotton ball in the warm salt water solution, and place it on the eyelids to get relief from the pink eye infection.
4. Raw Potato Remedy to Heal Pink Eye: A slice of raw potato placed over the infected eye is one of the effective home remedies for treating conjunctivitis. This home treatment not only helps reduce inflammation, but soothes the eyes as well.
5. Breast Milk Remedy to Cure Pink Eye: Breast milk has many antibacterial and other healing properties and has been found useful for healing a number of problems including conjunctivitis. If you have pink eye, simply squirt a couple of drops of breast milk into the infected eye. Continue this home treatment three times a day for a couple of days to clear up the pink eye infection.
6. Heal Pink Eye using Coffee Remedy: Coffee is also one of the helpful home remedies for pink eye. To treat conjunctivitis, boil a few pinches of coffee in a small amount of water, and let it cool. Cooled black coffee can be used to gently rinse the eye four times a day to cure pink eye naturally.
Home remedies for pink eye or conjunctivitis will help reduce your pain and irritation, and keep your eye free of drainage. Cure pink eye naturally with these proven home remedies.