How To Get Rid of Oily Skin
What is oily skin?
Oily skin can be a major cause of insecurity for some teen girls. According to researchers during the teen years, oily skin is common. It is caused by some hormones that are helping you make the physical change from a girl into a woman. These puberty hormones often cause an overproduction of natural oils in your skin. When that extra stuff gets trapped under your skin it can cause acne. Here are ways how to get rid of oily skin shared from the expert.
- Astringents. Use an astringent daily to remove excess oils. Don't use alcohol-based products. If you strip too much of oil from your face, the skin will overcompensate and produce even more oil. That is how to get rid of oily skin.
- Cleaning face. Clean face at least twice a day. Cleansers that contain salicylic acid, will help you exfoliate pores and reduce greasy build up. Use a mild, medicated cleanser to help prevent oil from clogging your skin pores. Don't wash your face more than twice a day. Over cleaning can stimulate your oil glands to pump out even more excess oil. Cleanse face gently with your finger or washcloth. Don't scrub hard, be gentle on your skin.
- Makeup for oily skin. How to get rid of oily skin? When choosing makeup, be sure to buy oil-free products, especially foundation and blush. According to beauty experts makeup that is water based won't clog pores.
- Translucent powders. Don't use foundation, use translucent powder says a beauty experts.
- Reduce fats. Reduce fats and oil in your diet. Try to cut out processed foods as much as possible. That means cutting out frozen dinners, junk snack and fast foods. Try to increase your intake of fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Eating foods such as eggs, whole grain breads and yogurt are foods rich in vitamin B and are good in reducing oily skin.
- 8 glasses of water a day. This will go along way toward balancing the levels in your skin and giving it a better appearance says a famous beauty consultant.
- Steam your face. Steam your face according to beauty experts. This is the beauty secret of many young Hollywood stars. This is how: Boil water in a kettle. Carefully pour the water into a plugged sink or a porcelain bowl. Wrap your hair in towel to keep it out of your face. Hold it there for 5 minutes. You don't have to get too close to the hot water, just enough so you can feel the rising steam "kissing" your pores. Finish your treatment by rinsing your face with cold water.
- Sun affects on skin. Watch you sun exposure. Be sure to buy sunscreen products that have a minimum SPF of 15.
- Reasons to stop smoking. Your skin will pump out extra oil to create a protective shield on your face from the harmful cigarette smoke. Stop smoking is the best way how to get rid of oily skin.
- Redness on face. If your face looks red it seems you're been using lots of products to beautify your skin. But if it turns red, try these soothing tips: For oily skin, pour a little amount of milk onto a washcloth. Press to your face while you're down and relaxing. Wash your face with a gently cleanser after a few minutes.