How to Cure Ringworm Naturally: 15 Effective Home Remedies for Ringworm Cure
Ringworm, also called tinea, is a skin infection caused by fungus. In spite of the name, ringworm has nothing to do with worms. It is called ringworm simply because it manifests itself as a red ring on the skin of the patient. Ringworm can affect the scalp (tinea capitis), nails (tinea unguium), feet (tinea pedis), and body (tinea corporis). The general symptoms of ringworm are skin inflammations, small blisters on the skin, soreness, itchiness, crust covered skin, and a scaly sensation to the touch. Ringworm is a highly contagious fungal infection that can easily be passed from one person to another by simply touching the infected area on any person or animal that has the ringworm fungus. Dampness, humidity, dirty and crowded areas also increase the possibility of acquiring ringworm. But there is no need to worry, as it is not a severe condition. The red rings will fade out within 2 weeks and your skin will be normal.
Ringworm Home Remedies
Although there are a number of treatments available for ringworm, you can also opt for natural remedies to treat and prevent ringworm infection. Here are presented some effective home remedies for ringworm cure.
1. Ringworm Cure Using Papaya: Raw papaya is one of the most valuable home remedies for ringworm cure. Use slices of raw papaya to rub on the ringworm patches. Alternately, grounded seeds of papaya can be used as a remedy to cure ringworm as well. After applying this paste, allow it to dry on skin for about 15 minutes and then wash the area gently with water. This natural remedy is also great for soothing the itchiness that comes with the skin infection.
2. Ringworm Cure Using Mustard Seeds: Soak mustard seeds in water for some time and then grind well in the mixer grinder to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on your ringworm patches after washing affected areas with hot water. Mustard has significant antifungal properties which are helpful for ringworm cure.
3. Ringworm Cure Using Holy Basil: Extract the juice of holy basil leaves and apply it over the patches of the ringworm. Applying this juice daily twice for about ten days will be very effective to cure ringworms. Basil leaves have anti-fungal properties that will help eliminate the fungi that cause ringworm.
4. Ringworm Cure Using Butea Herb: There are many herbal remedies used as home remedies for ringworm cure. Butea is an herb contains healing properties and its seeds have been found to be effective in treating several skin problems including ringworm and eczema. Make a paste of Butea seeds and mix with a little lime juice. Apply this paste on your ringworm patches to soothe the itching and cure the infection.
5. Ringworm Cure Using Cassia Leaves: The leaves of cassia tree are valuable to cure ringworm. Grind the leaves to make a thick paste and apply this paste over the affected skin. It will give you fast relief from the irritation of the skin. It also reduces the swelling and pain associated with ringworm.
6. Ringworm Cure Using Licorice: Another very effective ringworm home remedy is Licorice. Licorice root contains numerous fungicidal compounds. Used topically, it is effective in treating skin irritations caused by ringworm. Prepare a strong decoction of licorice root by adding 6 teaspoons of the dried licorice root powder to 1 cup of hot water. Boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Apply it directly to the affected area 2 to 3 times a day, using a cotton ball or clean cloth to cure ringworm.
7. Ringworm Cure Using Turmeric: Turmeric has soothing and healing properties, which work well in the treatment of ringworm. Topically apply the juice of raw turmeric over the infected area. You can also drink this juice by adding some honey into it. This will increase the antifungal effect and will also give very fast relief. Turmeric also helps to relieve itching associated with ringworm infection.
8. Ringworm Cure Using Raw Vegetable Juices: Consuming raw vegetable juice is another very effective natural home remedy to cure ringworm. You may try combinations of raw carrot and spinach juice. Take 300 grams of carrot juice and add 200 grams of spinach juice in it. Drinking this juice at least once in a day will work as an effective cure for ringworm.
9. Ringworm Cure using Mudpack: This is a simple home remedy to cure ringworm patches. Mud has essential minerals, which help in healing ringworm patches naturally. Mudpacks are also effective for getting fast relief from the itching caused by ringworms. Apply a mud pack onto your skin for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off using cold water. Repeat this procedure daily for getting rid of this fungal infection. It gives the skin its, fresh, soft, supple, and all around healthy glow.
10. Ringworm Cure using Castor Oil: Take castor oil and gently massage it onto the affected areas of the skin. In case you have got ringworms on the scalp, then apply the castor oil over the scalp and the hair. Castor oil helps to cure ringworm of the scalp without damaging it.
11. Ringworm Cure Using Garlic: Take 1 to 2 pieces of garlic and mash them in a small sheet of aluminum foil. Take the sheet with mashed garlic and apply it on the ringworm. Do this remedy 2 times a day. It might sting, but the ringworm will be gone in less than a week.
12. Ringworm Cure Using Apple Cider Vinegar: Dip a cotton ball into a solution of equal parts water and apple cider vinegar then, clean the parts of the body affected by ringworm. A little amount of lavender oil can also be added into the vinegar water to provide fast relief from the pain and the itchiness of the skin infection. It is also a great remedy of killing the fungus that causes the skin condition.
13. Ringworm Cure Using Oregano: Oregano has anti-inflammatory properties and other healing properties, which work by speeding up the healing process of ringworm. Grind the dried oregano leaves to a powder and mix it with generous amounts of olive oil. Apply this paste onto the affected areas to cure ringworm. It is a good remedy that gives fast relief from itching and pain associated with ringworm.
14. Ringworm Cure Using Tea Tree Oil: Since tea tree oil is a known antifungal agent, it can effectively treat ringworm fungal infection. Use 100% pure tea tree oil and use a cotton ball to dab it onto the ringworm area. Continue using it for a week after you think the ringworm is gone just to be sure.
15. Ringworm Cure Using Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which make it highly valuable for treating ringworm and other conditions affecting the skin. Aloe vera plant contains resin, which acts as a cooling agent for inflammations and skin irritations. The gel inside the aloe vera plant can be applied directly to the ringworm patches.
Tips to Stop Ringworm from Spreading
If you have ringworm, be careful not to spread it to anyone else. Below are some simple tips you can try that may help to stop you spreading ringworm to anyone else. These tips may also help to stop you transferring the infection from one part of your body to another, or getting ringworm again after treatment.
• Keep the skin around the infection clean and dry. Wash your hand after you have touched the infected area.
• Avoid sharing clothing, towels, hairbrushes, combs, hats or other personal care items.
• Eating white flour and sugar will make your natural remedies for ringworm less affective. Try to stay away from chocolate and carbonated drinks.
• Make sure you wash your towels, clothes and bedding regularly. If you have groin ringworm, wear loose fitting, cotton, underwear and loose pants.
• If you have scalp ringworm, cover your head with a shower cap when you go to sleep and wash the cap daily.
• Try not to scratch which will be natural, but may lead to secondary bacterial infection.
Ring worm treatment with home remedies is not difficult and can cure effectively in a couple of weeks with proper routines. If these ringworm cure home remedies have not worked for you within 4 weeks, it is important to see a health professional.