How To Cook Pandesal
When we think of our breakfast what comes to your mind? Is it a delicious bread? Well, in the Philippines, one of the most favorite breakfast food of Filipinos is pandesal (Spanish for salt bread). Pandesal is a normal kind of bread but is very delicious.Do you know how to cook it? well, don't worry if you don't. Here are some tips and guides on how to. If you want to cook pandesal, here are the steps and ingredients that you will need:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of bread flour
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 5 tbsp butter which is melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/4 cup of fresh milk which is warm
- 1 pouch of rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1 tbsp cooking oil.
Utensils to be used:
- Mixing bowl
- Basin with water
The cooking process is easy. If you want to know how here is the process:
- The first thing to do is complete the above ingredients and materials. If ever that it is not the amount you want to put, just make calculations in ratios.
- Combine the yeast, sugar, and warm milk and stir until the yeast and sugar are fully dissolved.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting with the flour then the sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix well by stirring so that the ingredients would be distributed evenly.
- Add the egg, butter, cooking oil, and yeast-sugar-milk mixture in the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients then mix again until a dough is formed. Use your clean hands to effectively mix the ingredients.
- In a flat surface, knead the dough repeatedly until the texture becomes fine.
- Mold the dough until shape becomes round then put back in the mixing bowl. Cover the mixing bowl with damp cloth and let the dough rise for at least 1 hour.
7. Put the dough back to the flat surface and divide into 4 equal parts using a dough slicer.
8. Roll each part until it forms a cylindrical shape
9. Slice the cylindrical dough diagonally (These slices will be the individual pieces of the pandesal)
10. Roll the sliced dough over the breadcrumbs and place in a baking tray with wax paper (makes sure to provide gaps between the dough as this will rise later on)
11. Leave the sliced dough with breadcrumbs in the tray for another 10 to 15 minutes to rise
12. Pre heat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes
13. Put the tray with dough in the oven and bake for 15 minutes
14. Turn off the oven and remove the freshly baked pandesal
After the preparation, enjoy your delicious pandesal. You can mix it up with some spreads or you can actually dip it into your coffee. This does not only serve as a breakfast for you but you can make pandesals for a living. You can sell pandesal and gain money.