How To Cook Leche Flan
Leche Flan is a dessert Filipinos love. Leche Flan is a very sweet and caramel like dessert. Lechan Flan is mostly cooked in Christmas and without it your Christmas eve is not complete. But, you can also bake it at anytime of the year and sell it to other people. This will be a good source of income because it is a popular food that people loves. If you want to try and cook Leche Flan, here are the things that you will need.
1 can (390g) evaporated milk
1 can (390g) condensed milk
10 egg yolks
2 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
Instructions in cooking Leche Flan:
- Get a saucepan that you will use. Dissolve the sugar and water then heat it in moderate temperature until it becomes caramelized. An output of pale brown is sweet while a dark one means a bitter one so you can choose what you want. Put in a container that is covered.
- In a mixing bowl, put together the egg yolk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar and vanilla. Mix it thoroughly but carefully to prevent the formation of bubbles. In case there is still a solid, strain the mixture.
- Next, combine the two mixtures and put it in an aluminum molds. Cover the molds individually.
- Steam the mixture for 20-40 minutes. Before baking the Leche Flan, place the molds on a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water. Pre-heat oven to about 370 degrees before baking.
- Remove the Leche Flan in the baker and then let it cool until it reaches room temperature. Afterwards, refrigerate it for several hours.
- To serve, run a knife in the edges so the Leche Flan will loosen.
There are many different variations of Leche Flan but the above ingredients took me hard to perfect it. It is up to you on how you will make yours but you can follow the ingredients above. Serve the leche flan as a dessert and it will leave a smile on each of the faces of the people that will taste it. If you want to make selling Leche Flan as your business, you can do so but you should know how to sell a product effectively. As a tip, people at offices will surely buy this because they are too stressed and upon seeing the product they will sure starve for leche flan. So, don't forget to serve one in your Christmas Eve.