Leucoderma is a chronic skin disease characterized by white spots and white patches on skin. Leucoderma occurs due to the loss of skin-coloring pigment known as melanin. As a result, white spots and white patches appear on skin. These white patches usually appear on the face, neck, wrist, back, underarms, hands, etc. Leucoderma can also result in loss of hair pigmentation.
Causes of Leucoderma include:
Autoimmune and genetic factors
Chronic gastric problems
Worms/parasites in the digestive system
Improper liver functions
Harsh antibiotic use
Burn or an ulcer
Too much stress
Home Remedies for Leucoderma
There are several ways to treat leucoderma without addressing its underlying cause. Home remedies are beneficial for effectively treating white spots and white patches on skin caused by leucoderma. Following are some useful home remedies to cure leucoderma.
• As a home remedy to get rid of white spots and white patches on skin you may consume figs and walnuts regularly. You can also use fresh figs for rubbing over the white spots, which will make the white patches less prominent.
• Pomegranate leaves help to cure leucoderma. Dry some pomegranate leaves in shade and grind into a fine powder. Have 1 teaspoon of this powder twice a day with water.
• Make a paste of leadwort root and water. Then, apply it over the white patches on your skin. It serves as a wonderful home remedy for leucoderma.
• Mix some lime juice in basil leaves extract, and apply it over the white spots and white patches on your skin to stimulate melanin production.
• Prepare a paste using black grams and water, and apply it on the white patches. Repeat this remedy for a few days for better results.
• Consuming a mixture of 100 grams each of alfalfa and cucumber juice is also one of the popular remedies to cure leucoderma.
• A paste of ginger leaves can be applied as a poultice over the white spots and white patches on skin to treat leucoderma.
• You can drink butter milk regularly as a remedy for leucoderma.
• Red clay is another wonderful cure for treating leucoderma. Mix red clay and ginger juice in equal proportions and apply it over the white spots and white patches on your skin. The copper contained in the clay seems to bring back skin pigmentation. Ginger juice helps to stimulate the blood flow to the spots.
• Make a fine paste using the mixture of 25 grams of radish seeds and 1 teaspoon of vinegar and apply it over the white patches.
• Turmeric is one of the most valuable home remedies to cure leucoderma. For better results, apply a mixture of turmeric and mustard oil over the white spots and white patches on skin.
• Incorporate iron-rich foods such as green leafy vegetables, liver, meat, cereals, lentils, and beans in your daily diet for treating leucoderma.
• Stress that affects the immune system may also result in leucoderma, so try to reduce excess physical and mental stress to prevent and cure leucoderma.
These are a few home remedies to cure leucoderma. Try these remedies for reducing the appearance of white spots and white patches on your skin.
You may also like to read: