Health Benefits of Vitamin E and Foods High In Vitamin E
What is Vitamin E- Facts about Vitamin E
Unlike its name Vitamin E is not a single substance. It is a combination of many fat soluble vitamins which are extremely useful for our body. These chemical substances include alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocopherol and alpha-, beta-, gamma-, and delta-tocotrienol. Vitamin E is also a powerful antioxidant.
Functions of Vitamin E – Health Benefits of Vitamin E
• Vitamin E helps to fight free radicals that contribute to ageing.
• Vitamin E is good for skin. It protects skin from UV ray damage.
• Antioxidant properties of Vitamin E help to reduce the chance of cancer.
• Another benefit of Vitamin E is it helps to control the damage of oxidative stress. Oxidative stress or oxidative damage can lead to the diseases such as Alzheimer’s and cancer. Antioxidant property of Vitamin E is very helpful to prevent these diseases.
• Vitamin E is also great for the scalp and the growth of the hair.
• Antioxidant properties of Vitamin E tend to reduce the risk of diabetes.
• Vitamin E reduces the risk of risk for cardiovascular disease.
• Vitamin E is good for the eye health.
• Vitamin E also good for immune functions.
• Recent studies showed intake of Vitamin E is good for those who are suffering from anxiety and depression.
Foods High In Vitamin E:
List of food rich in Vitamin E-
• Sunflower Seeds
• Turnip Greens
• Swiss Chard
• Mustard Greens
• Collard Greens
• Corn oil
Vitamin E Deficiency
Although Vitamin E deficiency is uncommon but in such cases it can damage the nerves. Also, Vitamin E deficiency can hamper the digestive system. The reason behind this is poor absorption of nutrients in the body. This can lead to the diseases such as celiac disease, gallbladder disease, pancreatic disease, and liver disease. Sometimes skin problem can also occur for the lack of Vitamin E. Normally Vitamin E symptoms are seen in infants but in some cases children and adults also do have Vitamin E deficiency.
In many ways Vitamin E is extremely useful for our health. Our body needs Vitamin E to function properly. Lack of adequate amount of Vitamin E can lead to various health problems.
To know the facts about Vitamin D click here.