Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil offers many health benefits. It’s a part of alternative and natural medicine. Eucalyptus essential oil is well known for anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. This volatile oil provides wide range of health benefits. Eucalyptus oil is derived from the leaves of eucalyptus tree and it has a very strong odour. Eucalyptus tree is native to Australia and it belongs to the Myrtle family of plants. There are almost six hundred different species of eucalyptus trees of different scents. Eucalyptus oils are categorized in three basic types- medicinal, perfumery and industrial. Medicinal oil of eucalyptus contains high cineole content. Botanical name of some of the medicinal eucalyptus plants are Eucalyptus globulus Labill, E. smithii R. Baker, E. polybractea R. Baker, E. dives Schauer and E. Cinerea. Let’s find out what are the health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil.
Eucalyptus essential oil is beneficial for many health conditions and diseases including allergies, asthma, colds, burn, gout, sinus and flu. Below are the most important health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil.
Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
• Eucalyptus essential oil is very good for the skin. It is very effective in the treatment of skin wound, burn and infections. This volatile oil is a good natural remedy for insect bites.
• Essential oil of eucalyptus is used to treat dental problems such as dental infections, gingivitis and cavities. Anti-microbial properties of this oil do wonder for oral health.
• One of the major health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil is its ability to treat cough and cold. It’s an effective oil in the treatment of flu as well.
• Inhalation of eucalyptus oil gives relief from nasal congestion.
• This volatile oil a natural medicine to treat bronchitis and sinusitis.
• Eucalyptus oil is a useful remedy for another respiratory problem- sore throat.
• Anti-inflammatory properties of eucalyptus oil helpful in the treatment of asthma, obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and respiratory infections.
• Anti-inflammatory properties of eucalyptus oil are very effective in treatment of arthritis and gout as well.
• Massaging eucalyptus oil on pain affected area gives relief from muscle and nerve pain.
• This volatile oil is also recommended for relieving headaches.
• Eucalyptus essential oil helps to calm down the mind and gives relief from stress. In this way, it’s a good remedy for mental health as well.
• Inhaling eucalyptus oil can improve the blood circulation and thus, it promotes cardiovascular health.
• Consumption of diluted eucalyptus essential oil may reduce the level of hyperglycemia.
• Anti-septic properties of eucalyptus essential oil help to cure urogenital infections.
• Anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties of eucalyptus oil help to keep the environment germ free.
Those are the important health benefits of eucalyptus essential oil. It’s a good natural remedy for many diseases and conditions. But along with the health promoting properties it also contains toxic properties. Therefore, in case of any doubt you must consult your doctor before using eucalyptus essential oil.