Golden Champa Medicinal Properties: Antitoxic Agent and Vertigo RemedyFitness Equipment
(Michelia champaca) The Golden Champa is a well known, tall, handsome tree with a straight trunk and spreading branches, and belongs to the plant family Magnoliaceae. The leaves, 15 to 25 cm. long, are lanceolate, entire, smooth and hairless. The very fragrant, golden or yellow flowers are about 5 to 6.2 cm. in diameter and may be found solitarily located in the axils and well protected by a deciduous and hairy bract. The capsules are 18 mm. in diameter, dark brown and opening from the back into two woody halves. The round, brown and shiny seeds may be 1 to 12 in number. The tree has been mentioned in many folk lores. Golden champa is also used as an ingredient in perfumes due to its fragrance.
Parts Used: The whole plant
- Antitoxic agent, expels worms and promotes the flow of urine
- Gives tone to the stomach, checks the overproduction of bile, cures leprosy, skin diseases and ulcers
- Removes phlegm, good remedy for cough and rheumatism
- Promotes menstrual flow and is a good laxative
- Stomach and intestinal cramps
- Indigestion, nausea and fever
- Vertigo or dizziness
- Headache, eye infections and gout
- Chapped feet
How to Use
- The decoction of the bark is an antitoxic agent, expels worms and promotes the flow of urine.
- The infusion of the flowers is used to give tone to the stomach, check the overproduction of bile, cure leprosy, skin diseases, ulcers, and remove phlegm. It is a good remedy for cough and rheumatism.
- The dried root and root bark, mixed with curd, is useful as an application to abscesses, clearing away or maturing the inflammation.
- The dried root and root bark in infusion promotes menstrual flow and is a good laxative.
- The juice of the leaves is given with honey in cases of stomach and intestinal cramps.
- The decoction of the flowers and fruits takes care of indigestion, nausea and fever.
- The flowers mixed with sesame oil (Sesamum indicum) are applied over the temples to take care of vertigo or dizziness.
- The perfumed oil prepared from the flowers is applied externally to take care of headache, eye infections and gout.
- To get rid of chapped feet, apply the crushed fruit and seeds overnight.
Active Principles: Carbonyl, palmitic, oleic, and essential oil