GlassWire vs Comodo vs ZoneAlarm: Firewall and Antivirus Software Reviewed
GlassWire firewall can reveal threats that many antivirus software misses. Their firewall is great for home computers, network monitoring and threat monitoring.
GlassWire offers many firewall features that include the following:
- Visual Network Monitoring: Their simple to use interface allows customers to view and review all of your past and current network activity on an easy to use graph. You will easily be able to view what applications are initiating the outgoing and incoming bandwidth what hosts the applications are communicating with.
- Internet Security: GlassWire will let you know whenever anything new on your computer accesses the network with a discreet warning that will not interrupt your workflow. Their toolbox of security checks things like system file change detection, app info change detection, device list change detection ARP spoofing monitoring, and much more.
- Network Time Machine: They offer an easy to use tool that allows you to the past and present network activity. This graph includes a slider that takes you back in time so that you can view and analyze the entire past network activity for any time frame. This graph is excellent for customers to see exactly when an app first accessed the internet and the host it communicated with including geoip country information.
- Discreet Alerts: GlassWire was designed so that the alerts are not annoying to users. Having to close down constant pop-ups can really disrupt your work, so GlassWire designed several features that will alert you, without bothering you while working.
- Bandwidth Usage Monitor: Customers can easily track their daily, weekly, or monthly bandwidth usage. With their graphs, if you see something odd, you can click on icon representing the app or the usage and get a great deal of information.
- Remote Server Monitoring: With GlassWire, customers can monitor their remote servers for business, gaming, VOIP applications and web applications. GlassWire works exactly the same way on your remote server as it does on your desktop computer.
- Internet Privacy Protection: This feature will show you just how many different hosts are communicating with your computer or network when visiting any website and this can be rather shocking. This feature will also show you when your computer is in use or idle on the internet.
- Lock Down Mode: This feature allows you to block all network activity when you are away from your computer.
- Webcam and Mic Detection: With today’s constant webcam and microphone connections, this GlassWire feature will alert you when your webcam or mic has been or is activated.
- Wifi Monitoring: Another problem today is others getting onto your wifi. This feature will show you a list of devices on your computer or network, and alerts you when devices join or leave with our new network device list feature.
- Multiple Server Monitoring: The ability to monitor multiple servers simultaneously.
GlassWire Plans and Prices
GlassWire offers the following plan features and prices:
$49 – One time fee
$99 – One time fee
$199 – One time fee
3 Remote connections
10 Remote connections
Unlimited remote connections
Each of their plans includes the following features:
- Ask to connect
- Locked down mode
- Mini graph
- Who’s on your wifi or network
- Webcam and mic detection
- New skins
- Hide app activity
GlassWire also has bulk pricing and site licensing plans.
GlassWire also offers a free version of their great firewall software. The minimum system requirements for their software are Windows 7, 8 and 10 (x86 and x64). Intel Celeron 2 GHz and 1 GB RAM with a recommended RAM of 4 GB and Intel Core 2 Duo or Faster Processor.
GlassWire Pros and Cons
There are no cons with GlassWire, but customers must remember that GlassWire is not an antivirus program; they are a firewall that works along with your antivirus program.
GlassWire can let you monitor your computer for all types of problems including those using your wifi, which of course takes up your bandwidth, monitor who is trying to access your computer, and what everyone on the server is doing.
Many customers that started using GlassWire were shocked to see what private information was being sent out from their computer to various sites over the internet without your knowledge. GlassWire lets you see all of this information.
Established in 1998, Comodo has a large selection of antivirus, firewall and SSL certificate products. With headquarters in the United States, they also have offices all over the world.
Comodo Products and Prices
Comodo offers many products, both subscription and free antivirus and firewall products. Their entire line of products includes:
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 8 – Their combination antivirus and firewall software costs $39.99 for 3 devices and includes a $500 Virus Free Guarantee.
- Firewall – They offer a free firewall.
- Free Antivirus – Comodo also offer a free antivirus download.
- GeekBuddy – Is their concierge service of technical support for all your computer issues, available via phone or live chat 24/7 for up to 3 PCs. For a cost of $169.99 per year, they also offer a 100% guarantee.
- Dragon Internet Browser – Is their fast and versatile browser based on Chromium.
- Mobile Device Management – This software can manage all of the devices in your business. They offer a free trial and after that the cost is $$39.00 per year, they also offer monthly and multiple year plans.
- RMM is their remote monitoring and management service for free.
- Point of Sale Security
- Patch Management
Their software is Windows 10 compatible. Comodo also offers Enterprise solutions, SSL certificates, and their website has helpful forums for all of your computer questions.
What Customers Say About Comodo
Comodo is one of the best firewalls available. They have won numerous awards as the best firewall customers can purchase and includes their free version.
Not only can Comodo successfully filter ICMP traffic as well as outbound TCP and UDP traffic, it can also control the launching of Windows Explorer and it can prevent a suspected process from changing or launching the default browser. Considering Microsoft has always been a target of hackers, Comodo can prevent most if not all of this.
In addition to preventing hackers from gathering information from your computer, Comodo can also detect the use of keyloggers and packet sniffers that have been installed on your computer.
Many times a virus or malware will attempt to install itself onto your computer and Comodo stops it immediately. Comodo will also protect the registry and register keys of your computer, and will not allow malware to load a driver to the kernel of the operating system.
Customers also report that their manual is excellent and precise. In addition to their excellent manual, customers can also get 24/7 chat support with no additional costs. If chat support cannot fix the problem, Comodo can remotely access the user’s desktop. If all fails and the computer is still not usable, there is also telephone support to help remedy the problem.
ZoneAlarm is a product of Zone Labs and Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. They are one of the more secure brands of antivirus software customers can buy. ZoneAlarm can protect PCs from spyware, identity theft, hackers and viruses. They are perfect for home computers and small businesses to keep viruses out of your computers.
ZoneAlarm is another well known firewall and also includes antivirus along with their firewall with some of their products. They are Windows 10 compatible and have won numerous awards including a 13 time winner of the PC Magazine award and they are AV Test certified.
The AV Test lists ZoneAlarm tops when compared with McAfee, Avast and AVG. Their new ZoneAlarm 2017 comes with anti-phishing protection. The anti-phishing protection ensures that customers are actually browsing on genuine banking and shopping websites.
ZoneAlarm Products and Prices
ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall 2017 has the following features and pricing plans.
- Anti-Phishing Chrome Extension- Secure your online privacy.
- Proactively protects against inbound and outbound cyber attacks.
- Will monitor for suspicious behaviors on your PC.
- Shields your operating system even during start-up.
The price options for this plan are as follows:
- 1-year for 1 PC costs $24.95 and for 1-year for up to 5 PCs costs $39.95. They also offer a 2-year plan for 5 PCs for $64.95.
ZoneAlarm Pro Antivirus and Firewall 2017 features include:
- Anti-Phishing Chrome Extension to secure your online privacy.
- Antivirus software protects against malicious threats and attacks.
- Firewall safeguards your identity and online privacy.
- Two-way firewall that will block intruders and safeguards your data.
The prices for this package are currently:
- 1-year for 1 PC costs $24.95 and for 1-year 1-5 PCs costs $39.95. They also offer a 2-year plan for 5 PCs for $64.95.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 2017 includes the following features:
- Anti-Phishing Chrome Extension- Secure your online privacy.
- Their best antivirus software, including zero-day attack prevention.
- Includes parental controls to protect your entire family.
- Includes Find My Laptop, PC Tune-Up, Online Backup,
Identity Protection Services, and more.
- This package comes with a 100% guarantee for total protection of your PCs.
- A virtual sandbox that allows customers to send email attachments and documents to their secured cloud based environment before opening them. This keeps your computer safe while you are still able to view what the attachment or document contains.
- Behavior emulation will let customers analyze the email attachments and documents in the virtual sandbox before opening.
- Infection prevention marks suspicious files as malicious by our antivirus technology are marked so you can delete them and prevent infection.
This plan has the following pricing plans:
- 3 Months for 3 PCs for a price of $17.95
- 1 year plan for 5 PCs for a cost of $59.95
- 2 years for 5 PCs at a cost of $99.95
ZoneAlarm also has multi-user package options. The above packages will work on Windows 10/8/7, Vista and they say that it will also work on XP operating systems. All of their firewalls are two way firewalls, protecting users with outgoing information and incoming threats.
ZoneAlarm Free Software
ZoneAlarm free firewall software that anyone can download to keep their computers safe, and include the following features:
- ZoneAlarm free firewall makes ports invisible with their stealth mode technology.
- Will stop inbound and outbound attacks.
- Will manage program access to the internet.
ZoneAlarm free antivirus has the following features:
- Will protect your PC from malware and viruses.
- Blocks hackers from accessing your PC.
- Secures your privacy and identity while online.
Their free firewall and antivirus software will run on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP.