Fucicort Topical CreamFitness Equipment
Fucicort Topical Cream
Active ingredients: Fusidic Acid 2 % and betamethasone valerate 0.1 %
Fucicort Topical cream belongs to the group of potent (group III) corticosteroids, along with antibiotics. Fusidic acid works as the active anti-bacterial component of Fucicort Cream which performs its antibacterial activity by intervening with bacterial protein production.
It is used for treating dermatological skin conditions. Fucicort Topical Cream is indicated in inflammatory dermatoses with possibilities of bacterial infection or where bacterial infection is already present.
Dosage Or administration
Apply Fucicort Cream to the infected area twice a day for 5-6 days continuously. Apply a thick layer and massage gently into skin for absorption by the skin. In case the symptoms don’t improve within 2-3 days of use, consult a physician.
Tips and warnings
• Avoid in case you are allergic to any of its active ingredients present in Fucicort Topical Cream.
• Prolonged use may cause spotting, avoid using it if symptoms don’t improve on using it for 4-5 days.
• Betamethasone valerate 0.1 % can cause momentary inhibition of adrenal function on absorption by the skin. Wash your hand thoroughly after application of Fucicort Topical Cream.
• Frequent and constant contact with Fucicort Topical Cream especially during pregnancy may produce irreversible side effects on the skin.
• Avoid contact of Fucicort Topical Cream into your eyes, if it occurs flush continuously with cold water.
• Keep Fucicort Topical Cream away from the reach of children.
• Avoid using Fucicort Topical Cream on other skin problems unless recommended by your physician.
• Keep Fucicort Topical Cream safely away from the reach of children.
Side effects of Fucicort Topical Cream
• Prolonged use of Fucicort cream may cause thinning of the skin. It may also cause atrophic skin discolor if used continuously.
• Research has established the fact that corticosteroids, when used in higher dosage, can delay curing of wounds.
• Corticosteroids may weaken the immune system or worsen prevailing infections.
• In case of viral infections, applying Fucicort cream may exacerbate the infection.
• Gastrointestinal ulceration have been reported on oral ingestion of some topical (group III) corticosteroids formulations.
These are not the complete list of possible side effects of Fucicort cream, for further information consult your nearest doctor.
You may also be interested in