Enderm (Clobetasol) Cream/ Ointment
Enderm (generic name- Clobetasol propionate) is from the family of corticosteroid applied to manage a range of skin infections which includes eczema as well as psoriasis. It is in addition extremely efficient for management of contact dermatitis initiated by introduction to poisonous oak or ivy.
Enderm (Clobetasol) is a very powerful corticosteroid exploited in short-term management of a range of seditious skin infections.
Clobetasol Propionate (Enderm) Indications
Enderm (Clobetasol propionate) is used for short term management of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses and other skin infections. It may as well be used to treat other skin conditions as found appropriate by your doctor.
Clobetasol Propionate Uses
- Adult: use as directed by your physician. Generally use 0.05% Enderm (Clobetasol) Cream/ Ointment onto the skin infected region two times daily. Make sure to clean the infection with water and pat it dry before application of the cream.
- Elderly: Commence with reduced dose.
- Hepatic impairment: Commence with reduced dose.
- Renal impairment: Commence with reduced dose.
Clobetasol Propionate (Enderm) Side Effects
Striae especially in flexures and Perioral dermatitis has been asscoaited to the use of Clobetasol Propionate (Enderm) in the past. . Additional side effects include dermal as well as epidermal atrophy especially on the face and steroid purpura. Consult your doctor in case any of these adverse reactions become bothersome.
Potentially Fatal: Protracted application of great quantity of clobetasol propionate can induce adequate systemic levels to generate Cushing's syndrome, adrenal suppression, blood sugar and rise in blood pressure.
- Heart stop, fresh myocardial infarction, blood pressure; glaucoma, epilepsy; diabetes mellitus; hypothyroidism; psychoses; hepatic troubles, renal mutilation; children and aged patients.
- Avoid use near eyes, flush with cold water if it enters your eyes.
- If infection subsists, manage with detailed anti-infection drug.
- Use with care during pregnancy as well as lactation.
- Avoid using simultaneously along with other skin cream without prior consultation with your doctor.
- Avoid use in children below 12 years of age.
- Don’t use for long term therapy of pruritus, ulcerative conditionst, rosacea,;
- Don’t use for management of acute infections
- In case of allergic reaction stop usage immediately.