Dove Soap for the Skin - Review and IngredientsFitness Gear & Equipment
Dove is a beauty soap produced by Unilever. It helps in moisturizing our skin deeply and effectively. This soap is very gentle and soft for our skin that will leave our skin glowing after each use. I am afraid to recall my past when my face was full of acne. Besides acne, it was the dullness of my skin that I was worried for. I used to avoid going out for any occasion due to my skin. Then I saw an advertisement about “Dove Soap”. I was very tempted to buy this soap. I did not try this soap for weeks, as I was afraid of the side effects of soaps in general.
On one fine day, I gave it a try. I felt very good because of its smooth quality and that little fragrance of this soap. I used it on daily basis and saw the results within a month. My acne was gone, and I could have a glowing and smooth skin. Dove contains 25% moisturizing lotion that helps in skin’s smoothness and glow. Dove soap also has re-hydration qualities.
Ingredients of dove soap are the following:
1. Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, is a synthetic detergent that may dry out the skin due to its degreasing properties. It is chemically synthesized in lab and helps in skin cleaning.
2. Stearic Acid is used as a hardner in soap. It is deemed safe by the FDA and CIR, expert panel. It is a sensitizer for allergic people. Stearic acid is prepared by treating animal fat with water at a high pressure and temperature, leading to the hydrolysis of triglycerides.
3. Sodium Tallowate is a salt of tallow. It is a substance abstracted from fatty deposits of animals like cattle and sheep. It is used to make soap and candles.
4. Sodium palmitate, is a salt of palmitic acid and is made my mixing palmitic acid with lye. It is a good cleansing agent but dries skin.
5. Lauric acid occurs naturally in some vegetable oils like palm oil.
6. Sodium Isethionate, is saponification agent and is very dangerous in its unreacted form. It reacts with fatty acids to form soap.
7. Water, is a solvent that is always needed to dissolve the oxidizer. It may be water, milk or any other liquid containing water.
8. Sodium Stearate, is used for its lubricating properties. This ingredient is about 98% stearic acid and is made by reacting sodium with stearic acid.
9. Cocamidopropyl Betaine, is regarded as one of the more gentle surfactants and is synthesized in lab.
10. Sodium Cocoate, is produced by hydrolysis of the ester linkages in coconut oil with sodium hydroxide and helps in cleansing skin.
11. Sodium Palm Kernelate, is formed by combining palm kernel oil with an oxidizer.
12. Sodium chloride is used as a thickening agent which is mined from sea water by evaporating it.
13. Tetrasodium EDTA, is used a s a preservative and non-toxic to the skin. It is synthesized in lab.
14. Maltol, is used as a flavoring agent and occurs naturally in plants.