Common Fever Treatment: 8 Natural Home Remedies for Common Fever
Fever is an elevation of body temperature above normal. It is a condition, which can happen to anyone at anytime and any number of times. For this reason fever is also called as common fever. Common fever is usually a sign of infection, which often leads to a variety of symptoms. The person suffering from common fever can have increased body temperature, headache, shivering, and pain in legs and back and also increased sweating. There are different factors that lead to fever, out of which cough and cold, and tiredness are most common. A number of simple natural home remedies can be used effectively for common fever treatment. Following are some natural home remedies for common fever treatment that have proved effective in healing the fever fast.
1. Holy Basil: One of the simplest and the most effective natural home remedies for common fever is to have a decoction of basil leaves. Prepare a decoction by boiling water mixed with 10 to 15 basil leaves and drink it once a day to cure fever. You can add some honey when boiling it.
2. Raisins: Soak raisins in water overnight and crush the raisins in the same water next morning, strain, and have it. If you do not like the taste of this water, add lemon juice to it. Drinking this water two times a day will bring the fever down soon.
3. Saffron Tea: Tea made from saffron is also effective for common fever. This tea is prepared with half a teaspoon of saffron in 30 mL of boiling water. Take one teaspoon of this solution every hour. Repeat this procedure until the body temperature becomes normal.
4. Orange Juice: Orange juice in water is considered favorable liquid food during fever. Oranges provide sufficient energy to the body and increase the output of urine. Oranges promote body resistance against infections, thereby hasten healing. For this reason, eat oranges and also drink orange juice at least 2 to 3 times a day as a home remedy for common fever.
5. Apricots: A cup of fresh juice of apricots along with a teaspoon of sugar or honey taken twice daily is a simple but effective home remedy for common fever. Drink this juice of apricots to get energized. Apricots, being rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, can help the body recover faster from fever.
6. Grapefruits: The juice of grapefruit is also an excellent diet in all fevers. Prepare a glass of grapefruit juice and add equal amount of water to the grapefruit juice and drink this solution twice a day to cure fever. Grapefruit juice helps to reduce body temperature in a situation of fever.
7. Fenugreek seeds: Prepare a tea using half a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds. This is considered to be cleansing and soothing drink in common fever. It would also dissolve the mucus accumulated in the chest.
8. Potatoes: When you have a high fever and headache, you can use a potato remedy. Peel and cut a potato into slices and place the slices on your chest, stomach, and forehead. Rest for half hour, and you will notice reduction in your body temperature.
Besides the above mentioned home remedies for common fever, you should follow a healthy diet in order to achieve a strong immune system. Foods that put pressure on the digestive system like alcohol, carbonated beverages, etc., should be strictly avoided. Enjoy easily digestible homemade foods and keep your body hydrated enough to overcome common fever symptoms.