Cocoa Extract: Health Benefits & Side EffectsFitness Gear & Equipment
Recently a number of studies have revealed the health benefits of cocoa extract . The popularity of the health benefits of cocoa extract has indeed led to a massive increase in the number of chocolate products, claiming that they are good for health. There is a variety of "good for you chocolate products" which are hitting the market these days.
According to the studies Cocoa extract has number of health benefits but we cannot generalize and say "All chocolate products are beneficial for health". Antioxidant-rich cocoa in a concentrated form is definitely a healthy medicinal alternative. All the calories and fat are removed from the cocoa, leaving a powder which is packed with antioxidants. This powder, known as cocoa extract is indeed very useful to fight against various health issues.
Cocoa extract is an excellent way to enjoy the healthy benefits of cocoa without consuming the extra calories found in chocolate products. It is indeed a great alternative to be healthy by increasing the antioxidant intake, without consuming chocolates which tend to increase the waistline.Chocolates are full of calories and fats but cocoa extract is different , it is a pure form of antioxidants which is in fact very beneficial for health.
Read on to find out the amazing health benefits of cocoa extract along with its side effects.
- Improves cognitive and motor functions - Coco extract helps to improve cognitive and motor functions. The phenylethylamine and theobromine in cocoa extract enhances the neurotransmitter activity, increasing mental alertness. Cocoa extract is a great alternative to boost the brain without consuming the fat and calories of chocolates.
- Reduces Cardiovascular Diseases - Regular consumption of cocoa extract reduces the risk of heart diseases and supports heart health immensely.
- Controls Cholesterol and Improves Immune system - It is extremely useful for patients suffering from cholesterol problems as it helps to raise good cholesterol levels, and decreases the bad cholesterol. Cocoa extract contains antioxidants which support the immune system.
- Cures Coughing - The theobromine in Cocoa has antitussive effect that inhibits the cough reflex and helps to stop coughing.
- Migraines and Headaches - Cocoa extract also helps to ease migraines: Cocoa increases the levels of anti-inflammatory compounds in the brain, which help to repress the inflammatory responses linked to migraine headaches.
- Reduces Mental Fatigue - Cocoa extract acts as a great stimulant to combat fatigue. It contains caffeine and theobromine, which is the key ingredient that provides the body with a burst of quick energy and gives a tired body a physical boost. Therefore, intake of cocoa extract keeps you energetic and also reduces mental fatigue to a great extent.
Side Effects of Cocoa Extract
As they say everything in excess is bad , so is cocoa extract. Large intake of Cocoa extract and chocolate products have a negative impact on your body. The most common side effect of cocoa extract is acne and you might come up with allergic reactions too. Consuming a large amount of cacao may lead to poisoning symptoms in some cases. Other side effects of cacao consumption can be nausea, insomnia, restlessness, too much excitement, muscle tremors, fast pulse, irregular heartbeats, and mild delirium.
Warning : Do not eat cocoa extract , if you are allergic to it. People suffering from irritable bowel syndrome or those who are on low sodium diet should use cocoa extract very cautiously. Cocoa intake should be limited, if you have inflammatory bowel syndrome, heart or blood vessel disease, or irregular heartbeats.
Most of all remember cocoa extract is much much better and healthier than chocolates. Eating dark chocolate in moderation may keep yout heart-healthy too, but t's important to limit your consumption of chocolate products as they contain high amounts of fat and sugar.
If you want to consider using cocoa extract, make sure to consult your physician before beginning you treatment!
Other Articles Related to Chocolate