Clamentin (amoxicillin and enzyme inhibitor)
* Per Clamentin 375 mg tablet- 250 mg of Amoxicillin trihydrate and 125 mg of clavulanic acid.
* Per Clamentin 625 mg tablet- 500 mg of Amoxicillin and 125 mg of clavulanic acid.
* Per Clamentin 31.25 mL/mg syrup- 25 mg of Amoxicillin trihydrate and 6.25 mg of clavulanic acid.
* Per Clamentin 600 mg vial 500- mg of Amoxicillin Na and 100 mg of clavulanic acid.
* Per Clamentin 1200 mg vial - 1,000 mg of Amoxicillin Na and 200 mg of clavulanic acid.
Clamentin is from the family of amoxicillin and enzyme inhibitor and is from the group of penicillin combination, which comprises of beta-lactamase inhibitors. It is broadly administered for systemic management of infections.
Clamentin is generally used for treating Upper as well as lower respiratory tract infection, soft tissue & skin infections, GUT, joint, bone and dental infections, septic abortion, prophylaxis of abrasion infection linked with surgical practices, peritonitis, intra-abdominal sepsis, puerperal sepsis and septicaemia.
Clamentin may in addition be administered for treating other ailments, follow the instructions prescribed to you by your doctor.
Clamentin side effects
Nausea, vomiting, minor headache, stomach ache and diarrhea are some common Clamentin adverse reactions which are temporary and disappear with continuous use. Inform your doctor in case any of these side effects become persistent and bothersome.
Urticaria, angioedema, erythematous rashes, anaphylaxis, edema, serum-sickness syndrome, phlebitis at injected region and hypersensitivity vasculitis has been associated to the use of Clamentin in the past. Take emergency medical help in case any such adverse reactions occur.
For complete detail on Clamentin adverse reactions, seek advice from your health care provider.
* Use with caution in patients suffering from hepatic or renal injury.
* Special precautions needs to be observed while using the drug in patients suffering from Glandular fever. Make sure sufficient fluid is taken especially when higher dosage is being used.
* Do not use for more than the prescribed time.
* Use with caution during pregnancy, consult your doctor the benefits and risk of using Clamentin.
Clamentin may interact when used with anticoagulants, probenecid and OCs. Avoid using any other herbal drugs, health supplement or any over the counter drug without first consulting your doctor.