CheapOair Vs Expedia Vs CheapAir: Airfaire Booking ComparedFitness Equipment
In an age where there are as many airline options as there are these days, there’s every reason to shop around a bit and looking for the lowest prices for booking you can. Here are a few low-cost airfaire booking companies so you can select your own personal best strategies for finding the best airline depending on where you are in the world and what your needs happen to be.
CheapOair makes it easy to compare airline tickets from airlines like American Airlines, United, Us Airways, Spirit, and others. The flight search is easy to read, you can tell how long each flight is and whether it will have a layover right next to each entry.
- $20 Coupon for Your Email-You can enter your email when you first enter the site, hit the blue button and get a coupon right away. This will be through a promo code, so make sure to make note of it for checkout.
- Booking Bonus-When you book online, you can often save $4 off the booking fees.
- Auto Ranking-When you search for flights, CheapOair will rank them based on price so the cheapest is at the top. You can also filter by the shortest and most direct flights as well if you prefer.
- Live Chat-Hit the “Live Help” link in the top right corner of the site to bring up the chat window. Add your name and email to the boxes, and then hit the orange “Start Chat” button to get some help. It will tell you your estimated wait time once you enter. This could be 12 minutes or more depending on the time of day.
Expedia lets you compare deals from any companies related to travel, and they are particularly known for letting you book airfare this way. But Expedia as its best when you combine airfaire with other things you need on a trip like hotels. There are over 500,000 hotels that you can search while booking airfaire as well.
- Flight Travel Combinations-You can get deals for booking airfaire in combination with other things like hotels. The site claims you can save $200 or more on average if you book airfaire and a hotel at the same time, for example.
- Easy to Read Reviews on Search List-Right under each entry when you search for flights there’s a number out of 10 for reviews for that flight. Sometimes the reviews are bad like “4 out of 10” for flights that are the cheapest. But if you need the lowest rate possible this may not bother you.
- “My Scratchpad” Lets You Keep Track of Your Searches-This way you can compare the different flights you found and go back if you decided a previous one was better.
CheapAir has been around since 1989. The site seems to emphasize easy searches. You can even search for travel deals directly based on your budget using the textbox or that in the bottom right corner of the main page. Reviews online confirm that the site is generally effective at finding tickets from a variety of airlines for low prices. So much so, that 3 million people have bought tickets from them.
- Easy Search-This feature is still in beta, but it lets you add in a bunch of terms for your search in a more relaxed format. For example, instead of clicking on the calendar to select dates and then selecting cities and so on, you can just write “Boston Atlanta July 30 august 5 1 person.” This makes for quicker searches with less hassle. This is still in Beta though, so it can be a bit glitchy still.
- Price Drop Payback-If the price for a ticket you booked through CheapAir goes down later on, they will give you a credit for the difference.
- Search for Cheap Travel Deals Directly-This textbox is in the bottom right corner of the site. You can type in your airport or home city, and it will just show you what the deals are currently for that area without you having to wait for emails about it.
Head to Head
On CheapOair, A trip from Logan airport in Boston to the Atlanta airport in Georgia might cost $300 for a roundtrip. The ticket prices you get this way are often cheap enough that they go fast, so you have to jump on them. The selection will tell you how many tickets are left to give you a sense of how much time you have to decide.
An example of pricing on a roundtrip Boston to Atlanta flight for Expedia is $314. An example of combo booking is that you can get a round trip flight with 15 nights from the Westin Peachtree for $2700 total, which comes out to saving 100% on the flight part. So this would technically make Expedia the cheapest for airfaire if you do combos.
CheapAir was able to locate a roundtrip ticket for $320 for the same Boston to Atlanta round trip.
Overall, Expedia is going to be cheaper for airfaire if you do hotel combinations. Otherwise, CHeapair.com is going to win out after you take into account some of their programs like the PriceDrop.
CheapOair has a 24/7 toll-free phone line for customer support at 888-516-3050. The site has an A+ rating from the BBB and a 5-star rating from TrustPilot, as well as the 2014 International Excellence Award for Customer Service.
Contacting Expedia is possible through the “Support” menu option in the top right. The new page will have the “contact us” box on the right. Contact options are form emails, a phone number, or the “Get a Callback” button to have them call you. But, you have to jump through hoops selecting topics first before you even get that chance.
Cheapair.com is a bit annoying with popups in new windows when you search for things. Their email and phone info is easy to find at the bottom of the page, however.
Overall, CheapOair has the best support options by far since they let you contact them at any time of day and they have high scores online in terms of reviewing how helpful their agents are.