Active ingredients- Betamethasone and dexchlorpheniramine maleate.
Celestamine belongs to the steroid family and works by inhibiting the production of compound in the body causing pain and inflammation.
Celestamine is administered for treating many health conditions which includes allergic reactions, respiratory problems, skin conditions, and dermatologic reactions.
Celestamine may also be used for treating other health conditions not listed above.
Tips and warnings
• Avoid using Celestamine if you allergic to any of its active ingredients (Betamethasone or dexchlorpheniramine maleate).
• Avoid using Celestamine if you are suffering from any fungal infection in any parts of your body.
• Inform you doctor of any prevailing health conditions and the medications you are administering before using Celestamine tablets. Many drugs interact with Celestamine or steroids and cause severe side effects.
• Use of Steroid can alter you immune system, making you more vulnerable to sickness and infections. Consult with your doctor if any signs of infection or ailments occur while using Celestamine.
• Consult with your doctor before using Celestamine, if you suffering from liver problems, kidney disease, diabetes, tuberculosis, osteoporosis, glaucoma, herpes infection of the eyes, cataract, thyroid problems, stomach problems (ulcer, bleeding, etc ), diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, chest congestion, heart problems, depression, metal sickness, or high blood pressure. If any of these health conditions exist, you may require avoiding or adjusting your dosage accordingly.
• Celestamine may harm an unborn or newly born baby. Steroids may obstruct the growth of a child; consult a doctor before using Celestamine during pregnancy or breast feeding.
Follow the instructions of your doctor; avoid overdose or using it for a prolonged period of time. In case of any confusion consult your doctor again or seek help from a nearby pharmacy. Inform if any signs of unusual stress, fever or other ailments occur on using Celestamine.
Use Celestamine tablets for the recommended period, sudden withdrawal could result in undesired withdrawal symptoms.
Celestamine side effects
If any signs of allergic reaction occur on using Celestamine tablets, get immediate medical help. Symptoms includes sever skin allergy, hives, rashes, skin reddening, swelling of the throat, lips, tongue or face.
Other possible Celestamine side effects includes blurred vision, difficulty in breathing, swelling, inflammation , confusion, seizures, stomach upset, tarry and dark stools, problem in urination, severe stomach ache, vomiting, nausea, increase in blood pressure, insomnia, sudden mood swing, headache, easy bruising, acne, increase in sweating and dry skin. Consult a doctor if any if these side effects of Celestamine become bothersome.
These may not be the complete list of Celestamine side effects, for further information consult a doctor.