Causes and Symptoms of Prostate Enlargement: Treating BEP with Home RemediesFitness Equipment
The prostate gland is a small gland, located beneath the urinary bladder, and surrounds the urethra. The chief function of the prostate is to manufacture semen that transports sperms during ejaculation.
With advancing age, chances of BEP increase. Complications associated with an enlarged prostrate are urinary tract infection, disorders of the bladder, kidney stones, and urinary retention.
Causes of Enlarged Prostate
The exact cause for prostatic enlargement has not yet been identified. However, the most significant trigger for BEP is an alteration or disruption in the hormone profile. Sometimes, the prostate develops an increased sensitivity towards the normal hormone levels in the body too; and this could possibly set off benign enlargement of the prostate as well.
Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate / Warning Signs of Enlarged Prostate
Commonly seen symptoms of BEP are:
- Trouble initiating the flow of urine
- Dribbling of urine
- Frequent urination
- Urgency to urinate
- Straining whilst urinating
- Increased urination at night resulting in sleepless nights
- Sensation of partial emptying of the bladder
- In case, infection or stone formation occurs, there may be blood in the urine, associated with burning and pain.
- Constipation may also be observed in some severe cases of prostate enlargements
Home Remedies for Enlarged Prostate
- Tomato: tomato is the most important remedy for BEP. Tomatoes supply plenty of lycopenes, a potent anti oxidant. Lycopenes battle free radical damage; and prostate irregularities and diseases. Tomatoes manage the symptoms of BEP well, and prevent a progression of the disorder.
- Fluids: have plenty of fluids through the day. However, limit your intake of water and other beverages, 2 hours before bed time.
- Alcohol and caffeine: eliminate caffeine and alcohol from your diet. They constrict and occlude the neck of the bladder and make urination difficult. They also act like diuretics.
- Never hold up urine: never hold or put off urinating; pass urine whenever you feel the urge; do not hold the urine for prolong periods of time.
- Saw palmetto: is a very effective remedy for BEP. It decreases nocturnal urination, tackles swelling, inflammation and pain, diminishes dribbling and retention of urine.
- Pumpkin seeds: clinical studies state that pumpkin seeds are wonderful for prostate disorders and complaints. It effectively manages the symptoms that are associated with prostate enlargement. Consume 2 spoons of pumpkin seeds everyday.
- Stress: avoid stress of any kind, stay active. Stress management is an important aspect of the management of BEP. Cold temperature, inactivity and emotional stress cause retention of urine and increase the frequency and urgency of urination.