Butcher Box vs. Omaha Steaks vs. Carnivore Club vs. The Kansas City Steak Company
Butcher Box was founded by Mike Salguero when he discovered grass-fed beef. He instantly loved the taste of grass-fed beef and the wonderful health benefits of grass-fed beef over regular grain-fed beef.
Health Benefits of Grass-fed Beef
Butcher Box only sells grass-fed and grass finished beef. This type of beef is far healthier than ordinary feedlot beef. Feedlot beef are fed a diet of cheap fillers like corn, soy and animal byproducts, and animal byproducts are rather disgusting, plus soy is usually GMO. Many times feedlot cattle are also given antibiotics, which is not good at all. This use of antibiotics is in so much of our food it is a major reason we have antibiotic resistant superbug diseases today.
Grass-fed beef are fed only grass and forage. Cows are meant to eat grass, not soy, wheat and other odd products. Grass-fed cattle roam free while ordinary feedlot cattle are caged in a pen, which is another reason antibiotics are used, to combat disease in cattle that comes with being caged in close quarters.
Grass-fed beef contains much more antioxidants like vitamin A and E than feedlot beef. Grass-fed beef also contains 2 to 5 times the amount of healthy omega 3 fatty acids and 2 times the amount of CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), both of which help the heart and can reduce the risk of cancer.
Butcher Box Products and Prices
Butcher Box goes to many small farms and ranches across the United States and taste-tastes each product, insuring their customers get only the best grass-fed beef. They are able to purchase these products in large quantities and pass the savings to their customers.
Butcher Box prices start at $129 per box, which is cheaper than you can find in grocery stores. These boxes come with between 7 and 10 pounds of grass-fed beef, which is enough for at least 20 meals with each meal between 5 and 8 ounces. These box prices are about $6.50 per meal.
Butcher Box offers the following boxes:
- Beef Box: This box comes with 3-5 cuts of 100% grass-fed beef and includes a balance of prime cuts from rib-eye, flat iron and short ribs for $129.
- Mixed Box: For $129, customers will get a mix of grass-fed beef, organic chicken and all natural pork.
- Beef and Chicken Box: Costing $129, each box is filled with 100% grass-fed beef and 1-2 cuts of organic chicken.
- Beef and Pork Box: This box contains 100% grass-fed beef and 1-2 cuts of all-natural humanly raised pork including sugar-free Italian sausage and pork chops for $129.
And shipping is free to the continuous United States.
Omaha Steaks has been in business since 1917 and offers all types and cuts of steak, beef, seafood, side dishes, wine, dry rubs and desserts. Omaha Steaks features many special offers and deals on their website.
Omaha Steaks Products and Prices
Omaha Steaks carries many steaks including:
- Filet mignons
- Top sirloin
- T-bones and porterhouse
- Prime rib
- Skewers and tips
Meat products include:
- Gourmet burgers
- Brats and franks
- Poultry and pork
Omaha Steaks also sells seafood that includes:
- English pub fish and chips
- And many other types of fish
A few of their current special deals include their Premier Banquet for $79.99. This package includes the following:
- 2 (5 ounce) filet mignons
- 2 (5 oz) top sirloins
- 2 (4 oz) boneless pork chops
- 4 (4 oz) Omaha Steaks burgers
- 4 (5.5 oz) stuffed baked potatoes
- 4 (4 oz) caramel apple tartlets
Their Feast to Remember package costs $69.99 and includes:
- 2 (5 oz) top sirloins
- 2 (8 oz) boneless New York strips
- 2 (4 oz) boneless pork chops
- 4 (4 oz) Omaha steak burgers
- 4 (3 oz) potatoes au gratin
- 1 signature seasoning packet
Omaha Steaks have many great packages including:
- Sirloin dinner for four
- The bacon-wrapped filet mignon feast for four
- Filet migon burger meal for four
- 8 oz Bison boneless strip steak for four
- Ribeyes 4 8 oz
Omaha Steaks offers standard, express and Saturday rush shipping. Shipping costs are based on the dollar amount of your order.
Carnivore Club is an interesting company as they call themselves the exclusive club for discerning carnivores. They sell curated cured meat carrying only the finest cured meats from artisans around the world.
Carnivore Club Products:
They are a membership club with members getting a special box of artisan cured meats each month. Each month Carnivore Club boxes are themed around a producer that specializes in a particular style of cured meats that include:
- French Charcuterie
- Italian Salami
- Spanish Chorizo
- South African Biltong
- Artisanal Jerky
These artisans of these cured meats purchase ethically treated animals with humane practices. Charcuterie (cured meats) is a branch of cooking prepared meat products such as bacon, ham, sausage, pates and confit, mainly from pork.
Over the years, artisan cooks started to use other products such as beef, bison, duck, venison and elk. Charcuterie differs dramatically from one artisan to another, each being a special product.
Each month, Carnivore Club offers a different theme. A few examples of their previous boxes are:
- Artisan meats and cheeses: With this box, the word artisan truly lives up to it.
- Aux Delices De Bois: Based in New Jersey, Aux Delices De Bois artisan cured meats are made with locally sourced ingredients and humanly raised pork without added hormones or artificial nitrates.
- Monte Nevado and Imperial Chorizo: A taste of the old world with an interesting twist from charcutiers around the U.S.
- Braaitime: Based in New York, this company has been making authentic South African meats for more than 12 years.
That is just a small list of their past artisan boxes.
Carnivore Club Membership
Carnivore Club offers a 1-month trial membership without any further commitment for $55.
Their premier membership costs $50 per month and members can choose the frequency at which they get orders from, monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly.
They offer free shipping.
The Kansas City Steak Company
The Kansas City Steak Company has been in business since 1932, selling high-quality meats and fine foods at a great value.
The Kansas City Steak Company Products
The Kansas City Steak Company sells many types of beef products including:
- Bone-in filet mignon
- Crown filet mignon
- Kansas City strips
- Ribeyes and bone-in ribeyes
- Top sirloin
- Burgers and hot dogs
- American style Kobe beef
- And much more
The Kansas City Steak Company also sells delicious seafood like:
- North Atlantic lobster tails
- Wild caught sockeye salmon
- Maine’s finest crab cakes
- Sea bass
- Smoked salmon
- Snow crab claws
- Plus delicious foods like lobster flatbread, lobster loaded potatoes, super-trimmed filet mignon and lobster tails plus much more.
In addition to these wonderful foods, they also sell appetizers, side dishes, seasoning and sauces, desserts and more.
The Kansas City Steak Company Prices
The Kansas City Steak Company makes it easy to search their website for products. You can search by sale, individual products and by price.
A few of their prices include:
- American style Kobe filet mignon – ranges from $124.95 for 4 (5 oz) filet mignons to $199.95 for 8 (5 oz) filets.
- Grass fed filot mignon (6 oz) – range from $94.95 for a count of 4 to 8 f0r $169.95.
- Super trimmed filet mignon with hickory bacon - ranges from $69.95 to $229.95 and comes in 4 oz to 10 oz.
They only ship within the U.S. including Alaska and Hawaii via UPS 2-day delivery unless otherwise requested for faster shipping. Their basic shipping is $12.95 per order.