Benzetacil (Benzathine Penicillin)Fitness Gear & Equipment
Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin)
Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin) should be administered by deep intramuscular injection.
The bottle should be shaken vigorously before withdrawing the dose to be injected to complete homogenization of the product.
It is recommended deep intramuscular injection in the upper lateral quadrant of the buttock. In infants and small children, may be preferable to lateral thigh. For repeat doses, it is recommended to vary the injection site.
You should avoid giving blood vessels and nerves in or near them, as these injections can cause serious neurovascular lesions.
Before injecting the dose, you should pull the plunger back in order to make sure that the needle is not in a blood vessel. If you see blood, or any change in color of the product (it is not always the typical color of blood arises when the needle is in a blood vessel), you must remove the needle and inject elsewhere. The injection should be done slowly. Discontinue administration if the patient complains of severe pain at the site or, especially in children, occurring signs and symptoms suggesting severe pain.
Due to its high concentration of the suspension of this product, the needle may clog if management is not done slowly and continuously.
It is recommended that the medical criteria, the following strengths:
A - Streptococcal infections (Group A) upper respiratory tract and skin:
• Injection only 300,000 to 600,000 units Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin) for
children up to 27 kg.
• single injection of 900,000 units for older children.
• Injection of 1,200,000 units for single adults.
B - Primary syphilis, secondary and latent
• Primary syphilis: a single injection of 2,400,000 units Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin).
• Late syphilis (tertiary and neurosyphilis): 3 injections of 2,400,000 units Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin), with one week interval between doses.
• Congenital syphilis: 50,000 U / kg Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin) for children under
2 years of age and dose adjusted according to the table of adults, for children between 2 and 12 years.
• Bouba, bejel (endemic syphilis) and pinta single injection of 1,200,000 units Benzetacil (benzathine penicillin).
C - Prevention of rheumatic fever and glomerulonephritis:
It is recommended that periodic use of Benzetacil ® (benzathine penicillin) every 4 weeks at a dose of 1,200,000 units.
Although the rate of recurrence of rheumatic fever is low using this procedure can be considered administration every 3 weeks if the patient has a history of multiple recurrences, severe valvular damage has or has presented recurrence with administration every 4 weeks . The physician should evaluate the benefits of more frequent injections against the possibility of reducing the patient acceptance of this procedure.
"Follow the advice of your physician, always respecting the schedules, doses and duration of treatment" for the drugs sold by prescription;
"Do not stop treatment without the knowledge of your doctor"
"Do not use the drug with the expiry date. Before using the watch aspect of medicine"