Being beautiful often means simply being neat, clean and well-groomed. A beautiful body is a clean body, with unblemished skin, lice or dandruff-free hair. These are some beauty and good grooming tips from head to toe shared from the experts. Some of you already know, others you need to be reminded of. A number you will be discovering for the first time.
- Clean hair is a healthy hair. Wash hair at least once a week. If it tends to be oily, wash it more often.
- To achieve and maintain your hair's shape, trim hair regularly.
- Air dry is better than towel dry.
- Keep dirt off brushed and combs.
- Pomades and gels should be used only occasionally as they may clog the pores of the scalp. Baby oil or olive oil is a good alternative especially for those who have dry hair.
- After drying your hair choose a scent you love.
- Rub one to three drops of oil between your palm and have an invigorating scalp massage.
- Cleanse your face twice a day. One lightly in the morning and a more intensive scrubbing at night because it is the best defense against blemishes.
- To give you a pampering boost use a light exfoliate or mask on occasion.
- Moisturize your face. Before you apply make-up, slip an ice cube into self-sealing bag. Gently rub it over your face and neck for two or three-minutes. According to beauty consultants, it helps tone skin and plump up fine lines and it leaves a beautiful surface for makeup.
- Lips should seem stained with colors as though you had just eaten a fresh, juicy berries. Opt for matte lip color, not shiny gloss.
- Moisturize lips first, then line and fill with a lip pencil.
- Use a brown pencil to darken outer corners of lips. This make your lips look curvier and fuller. Then apply lip color.
- You can try the freshest-looking orange color. It's flattering to most skin tones.
- Brush teeth twice a day.
- Floss once a day
- Visit your dentist for cleaning and checkup every six months.
- See to it that your pillow cases and bed sheets are always clean.
- Avoid exposure to the sun. Without SPF Protection causes skin to darken and skin aging.
- Use moisturizer to keep skin soft, smooth and supple at night.
- Use mild skin whitener.
- Dry-brush your body with a bath brush, before you shower. It sloughs off dead cells and stimulate circulation.
Good grooming tips for hand:
- Apply warm lotion just before bed. Warm lotion feels so much better than the cold stuff, since it penetrates deeper into the skin.
- Slip on some cotton gloves for an all-night moisturizing treatment.
For those who belong to a family that has a history of varicose veins, avoid the following:
- Wearing pointy and high heels.
- Prolonged sitting and habitual crossing of legs.
- Girdles, knee-highs, pantie hose and anything else that restricts circulation.
- Regular exercise is still a must. It delay onset of varicose veins.
Good Grooming tips for feet includes:
- Pamper your feet, try a quick foot bath at bedtime: Fill a dish pan with warm water and fragrant essential oil or bubble bath. Soak your feet for about ten minutes. Massage your feet for a minute, then rinse them in cold water.With a pumice stone or exfoliating scrub rub your wet feet. This remove dry skin and calluses. Dry feet with a towel and massage with a lotion.
- Check shoes for excessive, uneven wear.
- Wear seamless socks that won't rub.
- Keep a gulf ball at your desk. Use it to give yourself a quick foot massage. Just take off your shoes and roll the ball under your foot. Concentrate on the crevices of your toes, on the arch, and anywhere the tension has built.
- Clean the nail with a brush and dipped in warm soapy water.
- To avoid ingrown nails; trimming should be done straight across rather than by rounding or tapering the corners.
- Keep nail short enough so that they don't break easily.
- Have a hand cream massaged into the skin around the nails.
- Nail polish provides a shield against nail damage. But it should not be worn all the time particularly if the nail is polished right down the base. This prevent live tissue from "breathing".
- To raise the pampering level of your manicure, add some aromatherapy bath salts to your pre-polish soak. They soften cuticles and they smell great.
- To reduce nail damage, wear rubber gloves while doing a household chores.
Anonymous, "Beauty: From Head to Toe." Vol. 1 No. 21 Family Today