Antamin (Chlorphenamine maleate)
Active ingredients- Chlorphenamine maleate
Antamin (Chlorphenamine maleate) belongs to the group of alternate alkylamines administered as general antihistamines.
The drug assists to alleviate signs of cold as well as allergy, like watery, itchy eyes, runny nose and sneezing. In addition it also assists alleviate sensitive skin states like skin hives, itchy reaction owing to chicken pox or insect bites.
Antamin (Chlorphenamine maleate) may also well be used for treating other ailments not listed above.
Antamin side effects
Antamin can induce lethargy and giddiness. If you feel lethargic or giddy, avoid driving or performing any action in which you require to be attentive.
Antamin might also induce stomach discomfort, dry mouth, and diarrhea, problem in urination, nervousness, tiredness, headache, and thickening of phlegm. Generally, these adverse reactions are generally placid and rare. Inform your physician if any of these signs are acute or persistent.
Inform your physician if you go through any other Antamin adverse reactions while using the drug. In addition consult with your physician if your situation does not develop while administering Antamin.
Cautions and warnings
- Inform your physician if you are adminstering antidepressants known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), or have used them within the last two weeks. E.g phenelzine, moclobemide and tranylcypromine.
- Inform your physician if you suffer from asthma, glaucoma, intestinal or stomach ulcers, prostate troubles or problem in urination.
- Consult with your physician in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Avoid breastfeeding when you are using the drug.
- Avoid administering Antamin to newborn and premature babies or kids below 2 yrs of age.
- Avoid using Antamin to any kid except if prescribed by the child's physician or a pharmacist.
- Inform your physician if you suffer from the following situations: overactive thyroid gland, epilepsy, heart, liver, high blood pressure or lung disease.
- Be certain to verify with your pharmacist of physician prior to administering the drug to a kid or aged patient. Kids and elderly patient might be more susceptible to the adverse reactions.
- Antamin syrup furthermore has alcohol. Administer with care in young kids and intense alcoholics.
Keep it safely out of the reach of children!