Alnix for treating allergic rhinitis
Active ingredients- Cetirizine diHCl
It is from the group of piperazine extracts and is administered as systemic antihistamines.
Alnix indications/ uses
Alnix is used for assistance in taking care of symptoms linked with conjunctivitis and allergic rhinitis. For example-itchy, runny, nose; sneezing; and watery, itchy eyes. It also may be used for respite of symptoms of allergy e.g- rash and itch; pruritus and chronic urticaria.
Signs of over dose include – irritability, restlessness, and sleepiness. Consult a doctor in case more than the recommended dose is administered.
- Any patients allergic to cetirizine diHCL or to any other active ingredients found in Alnix.
- Use during lactation: Cetirizine diHCL has been observed to be discharged in human milk; thereby administration of Alnix tablets or syrup by breastfeeding mothers is not suggested.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from liver or kidney problems. There might be a requirement for special observation or dosage regulation under such conditions.
- Alnix influences you capability to drive vehicles or control heavy Machinery as it may initiate sedative effects. Avoid or work with when driving a car or working with risky machinery.
- Evade simultaneous administration of cetirizine diHCL with alcohol and additional CNS depressants.
Use during pregnancy: There are no sufficient data establishing the benefits of using Alnix tablets during pregnant women. Use cetirizine diHCL during pregnancy only if absolutely necessary.
Alnix side effects
The following side effects have been associated in more than 2 of individuals using cetirizine:
Adults and Children more than 12 yrs: Somnolence, pharyngitis, dry mouth, fatigue and dizziness. Contact a doctor in case any of these side effects become chronic and bothersome.
Children between the age of 6 to11 yrs: Headache, abdominal pain, pharyngitis, somnolence, diarrhea, coughing, nose bleeding (epistaxis), bronchospasm (unexpected, unrestrained contraction of airways in lungs), nausea and sickness.
For complete detail on the adverse reactions associated with Alnix, consult your health care service provider.
Keep it in normal room temperature away from, direct sunlight moisture or heat. Keep it safely out of reach of infants and kids.