Adoramapix vs Mixbook vs Walmart Photo: Best Photobook Printing
Adoramapix has been in business for over 10 years and is committed to serving the photographic community. They are known for their excellent customer service and superior quality of their prints. Adoramapix uses technological advanced printers, top quality papers and the best software to produce the best prints at affordable prices.
Creating and making photobooks on Adoramapix is easy. To begin, customers can start by shopping for photobooks by cover, size, style and paper. Each category gives customers numerous options to choose from including:
- Covers: Designable hardcover, fabric, die-cut, leather-lux and genuine leather.
- Styles: Quick and simple or custom and flexible styles.
- Papers: Luster, high gloss, silk, deep mate, linen and pebble.
Shape and size (in inches) choices:
- Square sizes: 6x6, 8x8, 10x10 and 12x12
- Landscape: 6x7.5, 6x9, 8x10, 8x12, 10x12.5 and 12x15
- Portrait: 6x4.5, 8x6, 10x8, 12x6 and 12x9
- Vertical (horizontal spine): 6x12
Adoramapix’s lay-flat photobook design offers a seamless and beautiful photobook without the seams, bulging of pages and gutters that break up the photos. At Adoramapix, their lay-flat photo book design is their standard, which means there are no price upgrades for this beautiful photo book design.
Adoramapix Quick Start Photobooks
Adoramapix features many types of quick start templates that help you design and put together your photobook quickly. Their quick start templates include several styles to choose from and numerous style categories within their style choices.
- Wedding styles
- Travel styles
- Children styles
Adoramapix style categories within their quick start styles to choose from are:
- Hand lettered
Adoramapix also clearly shows their prices for all of their products with their pricing calculator. Customers can enter in the type of cover, size, and number of pages, paper type, and the quantity of photobooks they would like. A few of their prices include:
- Hard cover photobook, 10x8 portrait size, luster paper and 20 pages costs $45.99.
- Hard cover photobook, 10x8 portrait size, luster paper and 40 pages costs $81.99.
- Hard cover, 8x8 square, luster paper with 20 pages costs $29.99.
- Leather-lux cover, 10x8 portrait size, luster paper and 20 pages costs $65.99.
Their pricing calculator can price any number of pages from 10 pages to 100 pages. Different paper types also affect the price with linen being the most expensive.
Adoramapix Features and Shipping
Adoramapix offers numerous customer features and perks that include:
- No sales tax outside of New York State.
- Free economy shipping on all orders of $49 and over in the continental United States. They also offer faster shipping choices.
- Orders to Canada are shipped for $12. They do not ship outside of the U.S. and Canada.
If there is a problem with your photobook, contact the company within 30 days of receiving your order at email@example.com.
In addition to photobooks, Adoramapix offers the following photo services and products:
- Photo prints: Posters, photo prints, hard cover photo books, leather lux photo books, fabric photo books, Hudson albums, metal prints, canvas prints and framed photos.
- Wall décor: Metal prints, canvas prints, acrylic prints, photo collages and framed prints.
- Greeting cards: Greeting cards for all occasions like vintage photo cards, Valentines Day cards, baby cards, birthday cards, thank you cards, Fathers Day, Mothers Day and many other special occasion photo cards.
- Calendars: You can create your own calendar in various styles like desktop calendars, centerfold calendars and top hanging calendars.
- Occasions: Customers can also search by the following occasion categories like family, travel and wedding.
Adoramapix Customer Comments
Adoramapix has good and bad customer comments on Yelp. It is somewhat confusing though, since some of the complaints deal with Adorama Cameras, which is another store. Some of the Adoramapix complaints dealt with having problems putting together their photobooks online. Adoramapix responds to all Yelp comments and tries to help anyone that needs help.
A few of the positive comments include:
- “I have used AdoramaPix exclusively for about 10 years now, for all of my photo printing needs. I have placed several dozen orders over those years. All have been via their website, and all have been shipped to me, east coast and west coast……. I find their online ordering process to be intuitive, efficient, and versatile…”
- “…Our friends and family have oohed and awed over the photobook and love it. The online book designing is easy and intuitive, with preset layouts and the ability to customize your own layout, with a lot of options. Adoramapix offers a GREAT combination of price and quality and I would highly recommend them to anyone!”
Mixbook is a photo book service that will help customers design and create great looking photobooks using your own photographs. In business since 2006, Mixbook has been helping their customers create photobooks and other photo products and gifts.
Photo Book Theme Choices
Mixbook offers 332 different themes for each of their photo book style categories. Customers can choose from the following categories:
- Wedding photo books
- Wedding guest books
- Travel photo books
- Baby photo books
- Year in Review
- Professional and Business
How Mixbook Works
You can choose from hundreds of their professionally designed themes or start with a blank canvas. You will then choose the photo book shape and size (in inches) from the following options:
- Landscape: 8x6, 11x8.5 and 14x11
- Square: 8.5x8.5, 10x10 and 12x12
- Portrait: 8.5x11
Mixbook offers the following photo book cover choices:
- Soft cover
- Glossy hardcover
- Soft touch matte hardcover
- Soft touch matte hardcover with matte dust jacket
- Leather with matte dust jacket
Not all cover choices are available with certain size photobooks. Mixbook also offers a lay-flat photobook design that starts at $59.99. Before you can start designing your photobook, you have to register with either an email address or with Facebook.
You can add, remove and edit your photos, plus you can upload your photos from your computer or Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Photobucket, Picasa, and Smugmug.
Mixbook Sizes and Prices
Mixbook is free to use without any type of subscription fees plus you can start as many photobooks as you would like. Their prices vary depending on the type of cover and the number of pages. A few of their photo book prices are:
- Soft cover classic portrait, 8.5”x11” with 20 pages costs $24.99. Each additional page costs $1.29 each.
- Matte hardcover with dust jacket, classic portrait, 8.5x11 costs $49.99 and each additional page costs $1.29 each.
- Deluxe square lay-flat photo book, 10x10 costs $89.99 and additional pages costs $1.50 each.
Their shipping rates depend on the size of the photo book. They ship to the United States and internationally.
Mixbook offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states if you are not satisfied with your order, you can return it at any time. The return does not have to be in new or unopened condition, just that all of the originally ordered contents are included with the return. Contact their customer service before returning the product.
In addition to photo books Mixbook also carries the following photo products.
- Photo Calendars: You can make your own customized calendars with your own photos.
- Home Décor
- Digital Scrapbook: You can make your own customizable digital scrapbook with thousands of designs to choose from.
- Yearbooks for your schools, teams and business.
- Gifts: A photo book is a great gift and keepsake for retirement, friends or going away present.
- Mixbook can also make personalized invitations and announcements.
Mixbook Customer Comments
Mixbook has an excellent rating of 9.02 out of 10 on ResellerRatings.com. A few customer comments include:
- "Loved the format, lots of options to make your photobook original and unique...quick turnaround and high quality and delivery was quick, I will certainly be using again !!”
- "I am so impressed with my albums! I made a 10"x10" album with 55 pages and printed 4 copies. The website was very easy to navigate and Mixbook has several album designs to choose from. I used some of the pre-made page layouts but also designed some myself. They arrived in perfect condition and are absolutely beautiful! The quality is exceptional and the price is just right! Thank you so much! I would highly recommend to anyone."
- "I really like using Mixbook! This is my second time using it and it is so easy and so convenient! I will certainly keep using it! Thanks Mixbook!"
Walmart is a well known company, offering about everything a person would want from groceries to cleaning products to picking up your photos. Walmart also has a great online photobook editor with as many features as the other photobook companies.
Walmart Photo offers the following photobook designs available in the following sizes in inches:
- Classic: 5x7, 8x8, 8x11 and 12x12
- Lay-flat: 8x8, 8x11, 12x12 and 11x14
- Premium lay-flat: 8x8, 8x11, 12x12 and 11x14
- Custom lay-flat: 8x11 and 11x14
- Mini book: 2x3
- Flip book: 4x6 and 5x7
Each photo book comes with 20 double-sided pages included. Each photobook style has an additional cost per page over 20, which is clearly shown on their pricing page.
At Walmart Photo, customers can choose from the following photobook covers:
- Soft custom cover: You can choose from over 40 customizable covers and add photos and titles directly to the cover.
- Hard custom cover: Glossy hardcover that can be customized with your photos and texts. There are over 40 customizable covers to choose from.
- Paper cover: Die-cut paper cover that displays the first page’s photo. You can choose from 10 paper cover colors.
- Linen cover: Die-cut linen cover that displays the first page’s photo with a choice of 10 linen colors.
- Leather padded cover: Die-cut leather cover that displays the first page’s photo with a choice of 4 leather covers.
- Matte cover: The deluxe matte hard cover can be customized with photos and texts and is available in their lay-flat photo books.
Walmart Photo Photobook Editor
Once you pick the photobook theme you want to use, you will then be asked to choose the size and the photo book cover type. You will be shown the price change with each of your choices. After this, you will then be able to use the Walmart photobook editor and design your photobook.
You can add photos from My Walmart Photos, my device, Facebook Instagram, Flickr, Dropbox and Google photos / Picasa.
Walmart Photo Photobook Prices
A few of Walmart Photo Classic design photobook (20 pages included) prices include:
- Soft custom cover, 8x11costs $16.96 with additional pages costing $1.76 each.
- Hard custom cover, 8x11 costs $24.00 with additional pages costing $1.76 each.
- Custom lay-flat photobook, 8x11 costs $49.99 with additional pages costing between $1.97 and $2.49 per page.
Walmart Shipping Prices
Walmart Photo states 97 cent shipping at the top of their photobook page. They also offer in-store pickup at one of their retail stores.
Walmart Customer Comments
Walmart Photo does not have any customer comments referring to their photobooks. Most comments only refer to their photo shop areas.
The following prices are for a custom hard cover photobook with 20 pages:
- Adoramapix - An 8”x 8” photobook cost $29.99
- Mixbook - An 8.5”x 8.5” photobook cost $31.28
- Walmart Photo – An 8”x 8” photobook cost $23.95
The following prices are for a linen/fabric cover photobook with 20 pages: