Staying in love is harder than falling in love. Once you enter in a relationship, the greatest challenge is finding out a way to keep the flames ignited. However, there are circumstances that the relationship could no longer be salvaged and better be buried unto the grave. It may be that the two people, who used to be in love, simply fell out of love. Or maybe, those two people realized that they were not really meant to be together. Nevertheless, there are also times that a broken relationship is caused by an external factor, as in a third party. Third parties are the most common causes of break ups and shattered relationships these days. For me, it is better to end a relationship because you both felt that you are not for each other rather than end it because there is someone else.
If you are in a rocky relationship as of the moment, be sure to know that the unsteadiness is not caused by a third party. Here are some signs that your girl is in love, but not with you.
- She suddenly doesn’t appreciate you anymore. Remember when she used to love all the things that you do for her, even how small it is? If she doesn’t appreciate your gestures anymore, you must be prepared for the possibility that she may not love you any longer and that she may be in love with someone else. Sudden neglect of your sweet gestures may equate to the explanation that she is not interested in you anymore.
- She wants to be apart from you all the time. If you used to be inseparable during the days that both of you are hopelessly and madly in love with each other but not anymore, then, you must have some competition happening there somewhere. If your girl doesn’t want to spend time with you anymore, she may want to spend her precious time in the company of someone else. If she ditches you during a movie date or if she refuses your offer of a candlelight dinner, then maybe, she’d rather watch Teletubies or eat fast food with someone else. If then she always wants to be by your side but now all she thinks of in her head are exit strategies from you, then you are in a serious problem.
- She abruptly becomes embarrassed to face you. If she really is in love with and seeing someone else, she will eventually feel guilty about cheating on you. Guilt feeds on anyone and one way to notice guilt is through embarrassment. If she is embarrassed to take a look at you or talk to you about the matter that is bothering her, then maybe, she has her eye on someone else. Why else would she be embarrassed to face you for no apparent reason?
- She is not open about your relationship. “I don’t want to talk about us.” When she tells you this, the only possible reason for it is that she is scared to tell you that she is not in love with you anymore. Avoiding the topic of break up may be her way of protecting you from breaking your heart. She may only be buying some time to tell you that she is in love with another man.
- She makes a lot of excuses. She suddenly bails out on your long time tradition of romantic camping in the woods. And she told you that she has to be in her friend’s wedding. It is okay for you to understand if she’d only done this once or twice. But if she bails out on you for almost four or five times, you have the reason to be suspicious. Making excuses is a sign that she doesn’t want to spend time with you anymore.
It is indeed heartbreaking to find out that your lover is in love with someone else but you should also remember that a fish will not seek for a better mate if her partner keeps her happy, alive and pleased. Before you put all the blame on her for falling out of love with you, you must first assess your actions and the things that you have done for her.
But if you really think that she is the one that is at fault, well then, you must also remember that you cannot force your love on somebody who doesn’t want to take it and cherish it. If the signs stated above are observed on your girlfriend, maybe it’s time to let her go and move on. As what gossip girl said, “Sometimes, you have to let things go so there’s room for better things to come into your life.”