For some people skin whitening assumes importance because they need to even out their skin tone. For other people, it could be for a reason as simple as removing skin tan. Whatever be the reason, these five remedies will help you get back your original skin color.
- Milk and lemon skin bleach: Take a glass of boiled milk. Add the juice of one lemon or lime to it. Let it sit for a few minutes. Soon after, the milk will curdle because of the acids in the lemon or lime. Once this happens, add half a teaspoon of glycerin to the mixture. Apply this mixture all over the body and especially on areas that you wish to lighten. Lactic acid in the milk along with the citric acids in the lemon juice will help whiten and brighten your skin safely.
- Egg white and honey mask: Take one egg and separate the egg yolk and the egg white. Add in a teaspoon of honey to the egg white and whisk the mixture gently until it becomes slightly firm. Apply this mixture to the face, avoiding the delicate eye area. Keep the mask on until it dries or the skin starts feeling taut. Take a damp washcloth and dab over the face until the mask starts softening. Rinse with warm water and splash cold water afterwards to close the pores. Egg white tightens the skin and gently removes tan while honey is a natural moisturizer and antiseptic.
- Cucumber egg white mask: Take one cucumber and extract the juice in a blender without removing the cucumber skin. To this juice, add in one egg white and blend again. Apply this mask to all areas of the skin that you wish to lighten. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes and wash off. Cucumber is an excellent skin whitener and the egg white removes blackheads and whiteheads while tightening skin at the same time.
- Potato juice: Take a potato and peel off the skin. Grate the potato and then extract the juice. Apply this juice to the face and any other areas you wish to lighten. Potato juice acts as a mild skin bleach. Remove the juice after 15-20 minutes by rinsing with cool water. Do this treatment twice a day for about a month and then repeat once a week for best results.
- Tomato yoghurt mask: Take a tomato and pulverize it in the blender. To this juice and pulp, add in about two tablespoons of plain unsweetened yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is the best choice as it is thick and in its most natural form. Apply this mixture to the affected areas of the skin and leave it on 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Yoghurt has lactic acid, which naturally lightens skin and tomato contains lycopene, which has been known to prevent sun burn while lightening skin.
Please note, all these are herbal treatments and hence need to be carried out consistently in order to see results. However, since these treatments do not contain any chemicals, they are perfectly safe for the skin.