11 Bad Celebrity Behaviors - Inspired by Mel Gibson
There is nothing the media (and a big part of the society) love more than kicking a celebrity when he is down. The recent favorite scapegoat is Mel Gibson. He surely gave everyone the necessary material: he made a name as an alcoholic, was caught while DUI (driving under influence), made drunken and hostile remarks about the Jews, is overly religious, his marriage of over 25 years dissolved, his relationship to his girlfriend ended very badly, his angry phone conversations got viral over the web…
Yes, Mel provided a lot of scandals and bad reputation for the media and people to milk for years. But Mel Gibson is not the only celebrity to have done bad things. However his alcoholism, his bipolar disorder, issues with religion and his extreme popularity – combined with the rise of the internet and social media where almost nothing remains private, he will be suffering from gossip for a while.
But many celebrities are not known for model citizens. So since we are pointing fingers, let’s remember other highly frowned upon celebrity behavior.
1. Lindsay Lohan is an actress and singer. She has been making movies as a kid. Unfortunately, she is more famous with her drinking habits and how frequently she goes to court because of it. She was even sentenced to jail time. By 2007, she already had 2 DUI arrests.
2. Robert Downey Jr. was famous for his drug addiction. In 1996, he was stopped for speeding, only to be caught with marihuana and heroin. He was sentenced to 3 years in prison. He had probation, violated it (by using drugs) and was sent to jail because of it. After that it was rehab. However Robert didn’t get fully clean until his met his current wife Susan Downey.
3. Gary Oldman was arrested for drunk driving. He is an alcoholic.
4. Tom Cruise doesn’t believe in psychiatry. He is entitled to his own opinion, but he got really frowned upon when he told Brooke Shields that it was wrong for her to be taking anti-depressants. She was taking anti-depressants at time due to suffering from post natal depression. This really upset Brooke, an actress Tom worked with in the 8os. While Tom Cruise later apologized and forgiven by Brooke, but the fact remains that Cruise declared a science useless and upset a clinically depressed person, who is also an old friend.
5. Megan Fox left the popular Transformers Franchise. There were rumors that she claimed to have left because she was being sexually harassed. I don't have to tell you it is bad if she was harassed, and it is still bad if she was lying.
6. Director Roman Polanski slept with an under-aged girl.
7. Director Woody Allen was married to actress Mia Farrow and they had adopted kids together. However their happy family came to an end when Woody slept with their adopted daughter and left Mia to be with her.
8. Many celebrities made news for having cheated on their spouses, fiancées and girlfriends. These celebrities include: Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner, Michael Douglas, Ethan Hawke, Hugh Grant, Jude Law and Richie Sambora.
9. Morgan Freeman left his wife for her own granddaughter. While Woody Allen ran off with his adopted daughter, Morgan Freeman ran off with his step granddaughter.
10. Irish actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers got arrested for disturbing the peace at an airport with his drunken and disorderly conduct, along with racist remarks. He will be visiting rehab for the 4th time.
11. Christian Bale lashed out on a set staff member pretty badly. So badly and angrily, in fact, his tape went viral all over youtube, was spoofed by Bradley Cooper in Saturday Night Live and mixed with Mel Gibson’s tapes and entertained millions by a phone conversation that seemed like Christian and Mel were fighting with each other.
Drug addictions, cheating, affairs with inappropriate women much younger than them, alcoholism, DUI, racist remarks…For every celebrity leading a clean and happy family life, there are at least 5 celebrities who make news with inappropriate behavior. So it is not just Mel Gibson.