1-800-Mattress.com vs. Sleepys vs. Mattress Firm: Which Online Mattress Store Is Best?
1-800-Mattress.com began in 1976 as Dial-A-Mattress as a small company that offered customers mattress delivery. Today, they are one of the largest online retailers of bedding that includes mattresses, box springs and bedding accessories. Their headquarters are in Hicksville, New York with seven distribution centers around the U.S.
1-800-Mattress.com Mattress Products
1-800-Mattress.com sells every type of mattress and box spring from major manufactures like King Koil, Serta, Simmons, Sealy, Tempur-Pedic and Stearns and Foster. 1-800-Mattress.com not only sells mattresses, they also sell bedding in the following categories:
- Mattress Type – Innerspring, foam, gel memory foam, futon, box springs and crib mattress
- Bedding – Mattress toppers, pillows, sheets, comforters, duvets, futon covers, specialty bedding, kid’s bedding
- Furniture – Headboards and footboards, bed frames, day beds, folding beds, adjustable beds, chairs and recliners and rugs.
1-800-Mattress.com Mattress Academy
1-800-Mattress.com has a Mattress Academy with articles that can help you choose the perfect mattress in the following categories:
- Sleep and Health
- Mattress Tips
- Comfort and Construction
1-800-Mattress.com can also help customers finance their mattress and bedding purchases. Customers can apply for a 1-800-Mattress.com credit card. On purchases of $6,000 or more, made with the 1-800-Mattress.com credit card, customers can get special financing with 12, 24, 36 and 48 month payment plans.
- 1-800-Mattress.com will match any internet price with their low price guarantee.
- They offer free 2-day delivery for orders over $399.98. With orders under this price, the cost of shipping is a flat rate of $59.99. These shipping offers are good for the continental United States.
- 1-800-Mattress.com also ships worldwide. For international orders, customers should call 1-800-824-7777.
- If you are not satisfied with your new mattress, you can return it within 21 days of delivery for a different mattress. Tempur-Pedic carries a 90 day in-home trial, as long as you sleep on the mattress for 30 days.
Sleepys began in 1931, when founder Louis Acker opened his first store in Brooklyn, New York. His son, Harry stitched and made mattresses since he was small while learning the business. When Louis passed away, Harry expanded the business and in 1957, Sleepys was formed. Today, Sleepys is the larges privately owned and operated specialty mattress retailer in the U.S. In addition to their online mattress store, they have 990 showrooms across the U.S.
Sleepys Mattress Products
Sleepys carries mattresses, box springs, bedding and accessories from all major manufacturers including, Serta, Simmons, Tempur-Pedic, King Koil, Ortho Posture and more. You can find your mattress and bedding products by shop by brand, by top rated or in the following categories:
- Mattresses – Firm, pillow top, plush, children and crib, futon, day beds and box springs
- Pillows – Position pillows, medical pillows, foam and pillow protectors
- Bedding – Blankets, comforters, Sleepys Home Collection, sheets and kid’s bedding
- Furniture and Home – Home décor, adjustable bases and frames, bedroom furniture, headboards, storage and sleep packages
Sleepys Mattress 101
Sleepys has educational articles that can help you sleep better and choose the right mattress. Articles that include:
- Mattress Basics and Mattress Care
- Top 5 Sleep Problems and Solutions
- World of Sleep
- Healthy Sleep
- Sleep Tips
- Sleepys will beat the price of anyone by 20% or it’s free for most brands. This offer only applies to in-store purchases.
- They are currently offering free delivery and setup on Tempur-Pedic, Phenom, Beautyrest Legend, Ultimate or Somnigel mattress. Sleepys only delivers in the continental U.S.
- If you are not satisfied with your new mattress, you can return it within 21 days of delivery in exchange for a new mattress.
- Customer can return unopened pillows, sheets and mattress protectors within 30 days for a refund or exchange.
Mattress Firm began in 1986 and by 2002, they had opened 250 retail stores across the nation with a mix of company owned stores and franchise owned mattress stores. Today, Mattress Firm has over 1,100 retails stores in 28 states.
Mattress Firm Bedding Products
Mattress Firm carries a large selection of mattresses and bedding products from all major manufacturers. You can shop their online mattress store numerous ways and refine your search easily to find the exact bedding products you are looking for.
Mattress Firm carries many brands including these popular mattress brands:
- Hampton and Rhodes
- Stearns and Foster
- Serta and iComfrort by Serta
At Mattress Firm you can find mattresses and bedding products in the following categories:
- Mattresses – Contoured, pillow top, inner spring, firm, plush, memory foam and memory foam gel mattresses.
- Adjustable Beds
- Furniture includes messaging chairs and complete bed sets.
- Accessories include pillows of all types and doggie beds.
Mattress Firm Foundation
The Mattress Firm Foundation was created to help create a world that is free of cancer. Mattress Firm Foundation supports clinical trials and is there to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer. You can donate on their website and there is an events calendar for upcoming PurpleStride walks.
Mattress Firm Features
- Mattress Firm will beat any advertised price or it’s free, even up to 100 days after your purchase.
- If you are not satisfied with the mattress you purchase, they will do what it takes to make it right, including a refund within 100 days of purchase. There is a $149 processing fee for an exchange or returned mattress.
- Mattress Firm has a Red Carpet guarantee that your mattress will be delivered within a 3-hour window or it’s free.
- They offer free set up of your new mattress and free removal of your old mattress set.
- Mattress Firm offers 0% APR for 4 years with a purchase of $2,498 or more.
Online Mattress Store Customer Comments
The main word of advice is to know the exact brand and model you found at a mattress store is exactly what you are ordering online. If you find a brand at a store, make sure you are ordering the exact same model number from that manufacturer. Some manufacturers might make a model only for a certain mattress store that might not be exactly as you found in another mattress store.
These three online mattress stores all carry a good selection of name brand mattresses and bedding. 1-800-Mattress.com and Sleepys had a larger selection of furniture while Sleepys had a larger selection of mattress brands to choose from including Ortho-Posture. Both Sleepys and Mattress Firm have local showrooms and retail stores in addition to their online mattress stores.