This article provides the plot of the movie Twilight in list form. It includes spoilers as the movie and story are summarized as a whole.
I went to see the third movie of the Twilight Saga Eclipse with two friends and one of them hadn’t read the books or seen the first two movies- Twilight and New Moon. While I did my best to update him before and during the movie, he would have been better off with a background guide.
The story of Eclipse is not complicated and not knowing anything won’t keep you from enjoying the movie. However knowing a little might help you have more fun. And of course, there will be spoilers concerning Twilight and New Moon. So read on at your own risk. Below is the guide to the Twilight movie.
Image via http://3aymun.files.wordpress.com
Above, Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen and Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan in Twilight
1. Bella Swan’s (Kristen Stewart) parents got divorced when she was little.
2. She is a high school student who lived with her mother most of her life.
Image via http://users.atw.hu/twilighter/charliescard.jpg
Billy Burke as Charlie Swan, Bella's dad.
3. She moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her dad Charlie (Billy Burke), who is the town’s chief of police.
4. Although Charlie loves his daughter, it takes him a while to get used to having his child in the same house with him. He is a bit introverted but affectionate and caring.
5. Bella has always felt like an outsider. It takes a long time for her to adjust as being social doesn’t come easily for her. The constant rain and bad weather of the town don’t really help her mood either.
6. She attracts the attention of all the kids in her new high school because it is a small town where everyone knows everyone and people love to get to know someone different.
7. The boys of the school, especially Mike want to date Bella as she is the new girl.
8. However romance is the last thing on her mind.
Image via http://www.twilightgear.net
Above, The Cullens: From left: Emmett Cullen (Kellan Lutz), Rosalie (Nikki Reed) , Esme (Elizabeth Reaser), Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), Carlisle (Peter Facinelli), Alice (Ashley Greene) and Jasper (Jackson Rathbone).
9. She soon finds out that there is something very interesting about her school: There is a family called The Cullens. The Cullens consist of 3 boys and 2 girls- 2 couples and a guy. They are not actual siblings but adopted children of the town’s young but brilliant and highly respected doctor Carlisle Cullen (Peter Facinelli) and his wife Esme Cullen (Elizabeth Reaser).
Image via http://3.bp.blogspot.com
Alice and Jasper Cullen- Ashley Greene and Jackson Rathbone
10. The High School Cullens are Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), Jasper (Jackson Rathbone) and Alice Cullen (Ashley Greene) (couple), Emmett and Rosalie Cullen (Kellan Lutz and Nikki Reed) (couple).
Rosalie and Emmett Cullen- Nikki Reed and Kellan Lutz. Image via http://c2.api.ning.com
Image via http://blog.espol.edu.ec.jpg
Carlisle and Esme Cullen- Peter Facinelli and Elizabeth Reaser
11. Bella’s classmates find the Cullens really weird as they always hang out with each other, they are extremely blonde, never seem to eat much and they go camping with their parents whenever the sun shines in Forks.
12. The only Cullen that is not coupled-up is Edward Cullen and Bella finds out that he is her lab partner.
Image via http://img03.blogcu.com
Edward Cullen- Robert Pattinson
13. Bella is fascinated and intrigued by all the Cullens, especially by the air of mystery and how beautiful they all are, especially Edward.
14. Bella tries to be nice and friendly, but for some reason, Edward is very hostile towards her. In fact it seems like he can’t even stand her presence.
15. The real reason of his hostility is of course unknown to Bella. The Cullens are all vampires. But they don’t drink human blood or harm humans in anyway. They need to go away in sunny weather because they don’t want to be exposed, as no one in town knows they are vampires.
16. Since the Cullen teenagers have become vampires at about the age of 17, they only stay in a certain town until they graduate. Then they have to start their high school education all over again.
17. Edward is not hostile towards Bella because he doesn’t like her or is repelled by her, as Bella mistakenly but naturally believes him to be. He is incredibly drawn to her blood-there is something about its smell and effect that he has never encountered before. Since Cullens are good vampires, Edward is disgusted by himself and afraid of his tendency to hurt Bella so he stays away from her as possible.
18. He goes away for a while and when he comes back he has gotten rid of his fears and learned to control his desire to drink her blood. And there is another reason why Bella’s scent is irresistible to him, as because in the romantic sense, she is the one he has been waiting for.
19. Edward and his family members have special qualities in addition to the regular vampire super strength, ability and extreme sense of smell. Alice can see the future and people’s decisions, albeit with limitations. Jasper can control emotions and moods. Edward can hear everyone’s thoughts, apart from Bella.
20. When he comes back, he is really nice to Bella and this catches her by surprises. Without revealing his actual reasons, he becomes friends with her.
21. Neither the Cullens nor her friends are really happy with Edward’s sudden interest for her. But Bella, though she doesn’t understand why the most gorgeous guy around is interested in such a plain girl like her, is enjoying his attention.
Image via http://www.robertpattinson-tr.com
Jacob Black - Taylor Lautner
22. Bella also has one close friend, who doesn’t go to her school. His name is Jacob Black. He is a year younger and she used to know him when they were kids.
23. On a school trip, Jacob tells her a myth that he finds amusing and doesn’t really believe in. According to the tales, there are vampires and werewolves and they both exist in Forks. They are sworn enemies and they have made a territorial agreement and they are not allowed to cross over to the enemies’ side of the town.
24. After Bella hears the tale, however, things start to make sense, albeit frighteningly. From what she learns from research and Jacob, she puts one and two together and realizes the Cullens are all vampires.
25. She confronts Edward and he explains everything.
26. Bella is not scared and even though it is a potentially dangerous relationship, she is in love with Edward and he is in love with her. However he is very careful about physical intimacy as he doesn’t want to lose control in anyway.
27. Bella also gets to see what happens when a vampire is exposed to sunlight: he doesn’t burn or burst into flames but all his skin glitters like diamonds.
28. Things are going to get more complicated as Jacob has a crush on Bella.
29. Esme and Carlisle Cullen along with Alice Cullen- are more than willing to welcome Bella to the family. Emmett and Jasper have doubts but it is Rosalie that is openly hostile towards Bella. She doesn’t want a human around them.
30. 3 not-so-nice vampires arrive in town: Victoria, Laurent and James. They sense that but Bella is not a vampire and they want to hunt her. Of course the Cullens don’t allow it but now Bella and her father are in danger so Bella makes a plan with the Cullens. She will supposedly break-up with Edward and will leave her father to move in back with her mom. The idea is to protect her father easily until the vampires can be hunted down.
31. The vampires get hunted down through a vigorous fight that almost kills Bella.
32. After the incident, Edward’s bond with Bella is even stronger and Bella goes back to live with her dad but he will always be skeptical and disapproving towards Edward from then on.
33. The problem is, while one of the vampires- James- is dead, Victoria is still pretty much alive.